Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Mobile and PC apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
People (but not everyone) want a mobile and PC app of Online Sequencer. But this is just a concept.

Here are my suggestions:
For tablets, I suggest an app called "Online Sequencer Mobile" if people wish to edit on their phones instead of a website where it will be easier. Can someone ask Jacob to see if it's possible? I would love Jacob to do an app like that.

Features:
All features from the website.
Updates regularly for bug fixes and new features.
New touched-optimized feel on mobile devices.
Works offline.
Double-tap to get the marker menu.
A toolbar icon for BPM, instruments, instrument settings, and more.
Saves as a file, and online (online is only when you connect to the internet).
Chat (online only).
Forums.

Changes:
"OnlineSequencer.net is an online music sequencer. Make tunes in your browser and share them with friends!" to "Online Sequencer is a mobile music sequencer. Make tunes on your phone and share them with friends!"

I could also suggest a desktop app for macOS (via Mac App Store)/Windows (via Microsoft Store) called "Online Sequencer app" (not to be confused with Offline Sequencer, a different experience from Online Sequencer). I want the features except for touch-optimized. Jacob would like this idea to do that. It would also be time-saving when power outages come out (because of a rainstorm (or even a hurricane)). And you don't need an internet connection to make music, and you can listen to sequences even offline.

The work would be a sustained amount of work to do for an app, but at the same time, it's lifesaving for people who don't even have internet (not only now, but at any time that a person who has no internet). I think Jacob should do these apps.
Yeah but this is hard to do and makes it harder for the developers to maintain OS web app
(06-19-2021, 01:39 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but this is hard to do and makes it harder for the developers to maintain OS web app

I do agree, but can you do some concept drawing so that it fits everything.
Mobile devices are really crappy for DAW and music editing. Screen is often far too small to be any use and not having lots of keyboard shortcuts and buttons is a pain
(06-19-2021, 02:03 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Mobile devices are really crappy for DAW and music editing. Screen is often far too small to be any use and not having lots of keyboard shortcuts and buttons is a pain

I actually want to do a tablet-only app.
Not going to happen, sorry. It would be an immense amount of work. We have a 3 person volunteer dev team, and an app like that would need about a 10 person full time team.
(06-19-2021, 02:20 PM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Not going to happen, sorry. It would be an immense amount of work. We have a 3 person volunteer dev team, and an app like that would need about a 10 person full time team.

Well, this is just a concept.
(06-19-2021, 12:09 PM)Benvisions Wrote: [ -> ]People (but not everyone) want a mobile and PC app of Online Sequencer. But this is just a concept.

Here are my suggestions:
For tablets, I suggest an app called "Online Sequencer Mobile" if people wish to edit on their phones instead of a website where it will be easier. Can someone ask Jacob to see if it's possible? I would love Jacob to do an app like that.

Features:
Works offline.
Chat (online only).
Forums.

Changes:
"OnlineSequencer.net is an online music sequencer. Make tunes in your browser and share them with friends!" to "Online Sequencer is a mobile music sequencer. Make tunes on your phone and share them with friends!"

I could also suggest a desktop app for macOS (via Mac App Store)/Windows (via Microsoft Store) called "Online Sequencer app" (not to be confused with Offline Sequencer, a different experience from Online Sequencer). Nowadays it is impossible to imagine a popular website without an application. For example, I want to use only the phone, especially since it’s convenient to go to the forum or anywhere and answer on the street, in a restaurant, in a movie theater, etc. I read a lot about fintech app development, found https://dashdevs.com/fintech-app-development/ for this. What I mean is that now everyone is absolutely creating applications. It just makes life easier and attracts people more. I want the features except for touch-optimized. Jacob would like this idea to do that. It would also be time-saving when power outages come out (because of a rainstorm (or even a hurricane)). And you don't need an internet connection to make music, and you can listen to sequences even offline.

The work would be a sustained amount of work to do for an app, but at the same time, it's lifesaving for people who don't even have internet (not only now, but at any time that a person who has no internet). I think Jacob should do these apps.

I completely agree with this. Now this is no longer so difficult to do!
(02-25-2024, 11:16 AM)jawkinshere Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2021, 12:09 PM)Benvisions Wrote: [ -> ]People (but not everyone) want a mobile and PC app of Online Sequencer. But this is just a concept.

Here are my suggestions:

Features:
Works offline.
Chat (online only).
Forums.

Changes:

I could also suggest a desktop app for macOS (via Mac App Store)/Windows (via Microsoft Store) called "Online Sequencer app" (not to be confused with Offline Sequencer, a different experience from Online Sequencer). I want the features except for touch-optimized. Jacob would like this idea to do that. It would also be time-saving when power outages come out (because of a rainstorm (or even a hurricane)). And you don't need an internet connection to make music, and you can listen to sequences even offline.

I completely agree with this. Now this is no longer so difficult to do!

Check Liam's reponse.