Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: More Tools issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I never use these features, so I don't mind if they're ever fixed, but maybe some people do use them, and I noticed a few bugs or issues, so I thought I'd at least mention them.

In the More Tools drop down, there seem to be some issues with each of the Invert, Major --> Minor, and Reverse tools. I'm on Mac, in Chrome, latest versions of everything.

- If I select all, then Invert, and then press cmd-z to Undo, it does not undo (if I did earlier things like cutting and pasting, it will start undoing those if I undo a few times, but everything stays inverted). The only way to undo is to select all and Invert again. 

- If I select all, in a sequence that has a Marker, then choose Reverse, text will show up briefly on-screen that says "Selection Reversed", but nothing happens. If my sequence has no markers, Reverse works just fine, and if I select part of a sequence where there are no markers, Reverse will still work fine (even if there are markers elsewhere in the sequence). But you can't Reverse if you have markers. You can see that in this sequence, which only has markers at the very end -- selecting all and Reverse-ing does nothing, but selecting any section before the end will Reverse fine:

- The Major <--> Minor feature also does not Undo if I follow the steps above. That actually means in some cases, Major <--> Minor is not undoable at all, because sometimes if you click it twice, you don't get back to what you started with. For example, in C Major, a sequence with the notes C, D#, E, A#, B, C will turn into C, D#, D#, A#, A#, C if you click Major <--> Minor once, and then will turn into C, E, E, B, B, C if you click it again. There's no way to get back to the original (without moving each note by hand) because of the way off-scale notes sometimes round off. 

- The Major <--> Minor feature doesn't affect Drum Kit or Electric Drum Kit notes at all. That seems like a good idea, because it's hard to imagine why someone would want their Maracas turning into Crash Cymbals when they use that feature; the feature only makes sense for pitched instruments. But if you use Major <--> Minor with any of the other unpitched drum kits (8-Dit Drum Kit, 2013 Drum Kit, 808 Drum Kit, 909 Drum Kit), then it does affect your notes. So in the 2013 Drum Kit, say, in C Major, your Low Tom 2 will turn into an Open Hi-Hat and back again if you use Major <--> Minor. I'm guessing when the newer kits were added, the behaviour of the feature wasn't updated.