Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: make preview mode better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(06-26-2021, 05:26 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]What if preview mode had a larger buffer or  whatever so its less laggy on bad computers
i think we were talking about this too iirc
Also have ya'll talked about trying to make an auto-scroll mode where it is constantly scrolling at the speed of the sequence itself?
I mentioned this in a previous post, and I learned that this would be pretty difficult to implement without causing a lot of lag. Are you planning on trying to update the editor/sequencer in order to compensate for this? ... or is this out of the realm of possibility?

Just wondering. I realize it's probably not going to be able to happen, I'm just sort of hopeful for things that couldn't possibly ever happen :)
(06-26-2021, 06:04 PM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]Also have ya'll talked about trying to make an auto-scroll mode where it is constantly scrolling at the speed of the sequence itself?
I mentioned this in a previous post, and I learned that this would be pretty difficult to implement without causing a lot of lag. Are you planning on trying to update the editor/sequencer in order to compensate for this? ... or is this out of the realm of possibility?

Just wondering. I realize it's probably not going to be able to happen, I'm just sort of hopeful for things that couldn't possibly ever happen Smile
i really want to do this but jacob thinks it's going to be too laggy because of the amount of canvas redrawing we'd have to do. i don't know how hard it would be but my idea is to draw a wider area of the canvas that isn't shown on the screen and just scroll that until it needs to be redrawn to limit the amount of redrawing.
I don't think a continually moving acroll would be a good thing for editing songs while they are playing, something I do a lot
Yeah, we can probably rewrite the rendering so it doesn't redraw so often. That would help with overall lag too.
(06-26-2021, 06:07 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think a continually moving acroll would be a good thing for editing songs while they are playing, something I do a lot
you dont have to use it, theres a dropdown at the bottom of the sequencer to change the auto scroll settings
fixes pushed to website, enjoy Smile
Pages: 1 2