Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Composition/Arranging Tools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing on my acoustic and wanted to remember what I was playing so i wouldn't forget it later.  Not having much knowledge of Theory, when I would just turn a recorder on I would have trouble reproducing the exact fingering for chord variations to match to the recording later.  I put a sequence together in OS, which was much easier to reconstruct back on an actual guitar, but I noticed a few things that make it hard to use for composition for a longer track. So here are some suggestions grouped into this type of use/task. 
  •  Insert/remove steps/measures at clicked location - cut the composition and shift everything to the right by x number of steps. If you start with an outline (intro, verse, chorus, finale), as a composition increases in complexity and length it becomes increasingly more difficult to extend earlier parts. 
  • Custom note line, text over steps or both - a note at the top line that is a silent instrument and allows text to be added with simple left, right, center alignment. Basically for marking song layouts (Intro, chorus, break, etc.) or indicating a specific instrument (Fender Strat vs. Les Paul) or effect loop for non-midi play.
get musescore, it has what you want, and your last suggestion isn't appropriate for this site. the first one: try ctrl/alt + home/end
(06-28-2021, 03:59 PM)Geneticus Wrote: [ -> ]I was playing on my acoustic and wanted to remember what I was playing so i wouldn't forget it later.  Not having much knowledge of Theory, when I would just turn a recorder on I would have trouble reproducing the exact fingering for chord variations to match to the recording later.  I put a sequence together in OS, which was much easier to reconstruct back on an actual guitar, but I noticed a few things that make it hard to use for composition for a longer track. So here are some suggestions grouped into this type of use/task. 
  •  Insert/remove steps/measures at clicked location - cut the composition and shift everything to the right by x number of steps. If you start with an outline (intro, verse, chorus, finale), as a composition increases in complexity and length it becomes increasingly more difficult to extend earlier parts. 
  • Custom note line, text over steps or both - a note at the top line that is a silent instrument and allows text to be added with simple left, right, center alignment. Basically for marking song layouts (Intro, chorus, break, etc.) or indicating a specific instrument (Fender Strat vs. Les Paul) or effect loop for non-midi play.
There is a keyboard shortcut command to shift around a selection of notes. Hold CTRL and press any of the arrow keys to step by 1 grid space or hold SHIFT+CTRL to step by measures/octaves.

There is a feature planned to allow text to popup at a certain time in a sequence using the marker interface. I don't know when this will be implemented but it is currently in development.

Hope this helps!
Yea, don't listen to pseudo, he thinks he knows everything. Tounge

There are TONS of keyboard shortcuts, so many that I can't be bothered to remember/use all of them. Have a look.

https://sites.google.com/view/lucentguid...-shortcuts

There may even be a few more than that, idunno.
that hurt lmao