Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Sequence Title and Key Guides
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could the sequence title be saved in the local file? Every time that I drag and drop my local file the title is blank and I have to re-enter it. Sometimes I forget and I have an untitled sequence. It's a minor pain if I'm just re-saving the local file, but one of these days I'm gonna accidentally upload something without a name.

Also, about half of my local files drop with some key guide on them that I did NOT put there. I find the key guide terribly visually distracting and always have to manually turn it off. I NEVER enable them yet it's approx 50/50 chance that one will be saved in my file and I have no idea why. This has always happened since I started sequencing a couple of years ago. When it first happened I could not find anything in the text file to indicate a key guide or I would have edited it out. Now the local file is binary or something. I know that this is small and nitpicky, which is why I haven't said anything for 2 years but I do find it quite irritating. If this phantom key guide is not in the file then it must be in the file loading code?
Saving the sequence title in the protobuf sounds like a sensible idea to me.

I don't think the key guide is saved, I think it just tries to auto-detect when you load a sequence. We could change it so that it doesn't auto-detect unless you click the key guide thing at the bottom. Depends how many people find the guide useful.
we could maybe make the guide contrast less so it isn't as distracting, maybe changing it to a darker gray?
I personally agree with just making the guide completely manual, don't let it try to auto-guess the guide on us
(06-30-2021, 05:33 PM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the key guide is saved, I think it just tries to auto-detect when you load a sequence. We could change it so that it doesn't auto-detect unless you click the key guide thing at the bottom. Depends how many people find the guide useful.

Strange. Sometimes I drop the file and there is no key guide. Sometimes there is, but it's always the same files. That's why I wondered if it was something saved in the file. I know that not many save local files and work offline like I do so this is probably the only feedback you'll ever get on this phenomenon so I thought I should give it.

I would love it if the key guide did not detect unless you told it to. Smile
(07-01-2021, 05:02 PM)emekat Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2021, 05:33 PM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think the key guide is saved, I think it just tries to auto-detect when you load a sequence. We could change it so that it doesn't auto-detect unless you click the key guide thing at the bottom. Depends how many people find the guide useful.

Strange.  Sometimes I drop the file and there is no key guide.  Sometimes there is, but it's always the same files.  That's why I wondered if it was something saved in the file.  I know that not many save local files and work offline like I do so this is probably the only feedback you'll ever get on this phenomenon so I thought I should give it.

I would love it if the key guide did not detect unless you told it to. Smile
it probably detects the guide when you import a file, its not saved in the file. i think the guide might be cool in play mode, but maybe for edit mode we could turn off auto detecting?
Personally I never want to see the guide ever. I don't need it and it's visually distracting. However I do understand that many people want/need it and it's actually a good way to help teach scales to newbs. So all that I'd like is that if I never turn it on, I should never see it, yet half the time I still see it and have to turn the thing off anyways.

Small nitpick, I know, but I'm sure that since the local file option is rarely used, the admin has no idea that this bug happens.