Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Songs By Foogles!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I just started working with MIDI two days ago, and I use onlinesequencer.net to goof around and pick notes.
However, because I'm really going for a retro sound, I export the MIDI and use my own sound fonts Smile

The following tracks were made on onlinesequencer, and then edited a bit. What do you think? I really want to hear your feedback, positive and negative. My family and friends are being too supportive and I need some truth time.  :D

P.S. I'll use this thread to continue posting my work.

Song 1. First Song - Foogles

Song 2. Unrest - Foogles
Bitter truth time. 
The songs are simple. Too simple to be interesting. They need to have a structure and variations. You should read more about music theories before you try to make music. I get that you're just downloading sequences from the site and edit them with your DAW, but come on, I believe that you have more creativity than just copy and pasting the same melody over and over  again. 
The percussions shouldn't have that much reverb, especially the kick. I mean, you can sometimes get good results putting reverb onto the drums, but not for tracks like these :|
You should definitely look into mixing and mastering. It will improve the quality of your songs by a WHOLE LOT.
If you're gonna do chiptunes then you should NEVER pay little attention to your drums. 
I'm just gonna assume that you used FL Studio to make the songs, so my best advice right now is to look up SeamlessR's tutorials on Youtube, and start from there, because that's how I got into EDM prodcution Smile
(12-04-2015, 04:04 PM)I3etFI Wrote: [ -> ]Bitter truth time. 
The songs are simple. Too simple to be interesting. They need to have a structure and variations. You should read more about music theories before you try to make music. I get that you're just downloading sequences from the site and edit them with your DAW, but come on, I believe that you have more creativity than just copy and pasting the same melody over and over  again. 
The percussions shouldn't have that much reverb, especially the kick. I mean, you can sometimes get good results putting reverb onto the drums, but not for tracks like these :|
You should definitely look into mixing and mastering. It will improve the quality of your songs by a WHOLE LOT.
If you're gonna do chiptunes then you should NEVER pay little attention to your drums. 
I'm just gonna assume that you used FL Studio to make the songs, so my best advice right now is to look up SeamlessR's tutorials on Youtube, and start from there, because that's how I got into EDM prodcution Smile

gonna true that ^^

btw where do you post your EDM ?