Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Something I noticed today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you type a number beyond the number of members here, yes it does say user not found, but it says Member since: 1969-12-31. Out of all the dates, why December 31, 1969 when Online Sequencer was founded in 2013?
Probably has something to do with Unix time, most web servers are hosted on Linux, and it probably freaks out and doesmt know what to do so it reports that. I don't know too much about servers or even linux even though I use linux as my computer haha. Liam probably knows more about it
Yeah, that's right, it's unix time. A lot of computer systems measure time as "number of seconds since midnight 1969-12-31". So if there's no time value in the database, it defaults to a time of 0, which is 1969-12-31.
Fun fact: if your date is not set correctly on your computer,you cannot actually visit websites
I thought it was how many seconds since January 1st 1970
(08-04-2021, 05:58 AM)jclem05 Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was how many seconds since January 1st 1970
Yeah, same thing. It's the midnight boundary between the last day of 1969 and the first day of 1970.
i noticed that covid started 2 years ago