Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: [9/5] Major Revisions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=215] Hello everyone, I hope you all enjoyed your summers!

When first creating the Online Sequencer Event Committee, LucentTear had a vision of expanding the Online Sequencer Community and helping users improve at making music. However, since then, every event except the Monthly Contests has either died out or fallen flat on its face for one reason or another.

And, with the Event Committee now having existed for 3 years, with various members and events coming and going, just about the only thing that has stayed constant is the event I suggested, the Monthly Contests. To put it bluntly, this saddens me.

You see, while the Online Sequencer community has most certainly grown and improved as a whole over the past 3 years, I can't confidently say that the Event Committee has been a real contributor to this, and as someone who's shared this same vision with Lucent from the very beginning, I feel as though the Event Committee has failed to deliver on this promise.

As such, over the past day, I have been completely remodeling the Event Committee Discord Server, repurposing or disbanding defunct subcommittees and improving any working subcommittees in order to hopefully let the Event Committee reach it's intended potential. And now that the remodeling is finished, it is time to announce just what has been going on behind the scenes over the past day.

Event Committee Revision Summary
  • The Contest Committee has been revamped to allow for OS users to have an easier time becoming a member if they so desire.
  • The Community Committee has been entirely repurposed. It's goal is now to provide a place for regular OS Users to host official OS Events, hopefully creating more user participation for them than what would otherwise happen.
  • The Tutorial CommitteeHalloween Scavenger Hunt Planning Committee, and Easter Egg Hunt Planning Committee have all been disbanded due to the fact that they have been defunct and have no alternative purpose at this time.
  • Additionally, new applications for becoming an Event Committee member are being accepted once again! More information on the various positions you can apply for can be found in the next section.

Monthly Contest Voter
Obligations:
  • Once a month, vote for the contest entries that you think should win during the voting period (the 22nd until the last day of the month).
  • Once a month, vote for any contest entries you believe are deserving of an honorable mention.
  • Being a Monthly Contest Voter DOES NOT prevent you from entering in the Monthly Contests.
Requirements:
  • You must have a Discord account.
  • You must have a Google account.
  • Your Online Sequencer account must be at least 3 months old.
  • You must be at least semi-active on OS.
  • You must not be in bad standing with the OS Mods and community.
Please put on your application:
  • Your Discord account.
  • Your Google account email.
  • A recent sequence you made that you are proud of. :‎)

Monthly Contest Committee
Obligations:
  • Once a month, vote for the contest entries that you think should win during the voting period (the 22nd until the last day of the month).
  • Once a month, vote for any contest entries you believe are deserving of an honorable mention.
  • Being a Monthly Contest Committee member DOES NOT prevent you from entering in the Monthly Contests.
Optional:
  • Help decide what the themes of future monthly contests will be
  • Help create prizes for the future monthly contests.
Requirements:
  • You must have a Google account.
  • You must be active on OS.
  • You must be in good standing with the OS Mods and community.
  • Your Discord account.
  • Your Google account email.
  • Name 5 OS users you think are underrated.
  • A recent sequence you made that you are proud of. :‎)
  • If you would like to be a Monthly Contest Voter, assuming that you are not accepted as a Monthly Contest Committee member.

Community Committee
Obligations:
  • Properly manage your event as you have described it in in your Community Committee application.
Requirements:
  • You must be active on OS.
  • You must be in good standing with the OS Mods and community.
  • Your Discord account.
  • Whether or not your event will repeat or if it will be a one-time occurrence.
  • The rules for how your event will operate.
  • The day(s) on which announcements will be made about your event.
  • Why you think your event would be good for the OS community.
  • Any other important details about your event.
  • How you would like to be contacted if an OS user has any questions about your event (OS pm system, OS Discord server, etc.).

That is all for now. If you have ready through everything up until this point, I would like to thank you immensely. If you have any questions, please send me a PM through OS. Additionally, if you would like to apply, please send the application as a PM to me through OS. Also, in case any of you are feeling a bit zealous, know that you can apply for as many roles as you want. I hope to see your interest in joining the event committee!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=215] Hello everyone! I just wanted to let you know that we will now be accepting applications for Community Committee applications! This role is for anyone that would wish to host their own event. By joining the Community Committee, your event will be posted as an official event in the Events section of the forums. Note: your event does not have to involve the sequencer itself (take, for example, the forum games or the OS Present Wrapping event).

Additionally, we are still looking to get more contest committee members/contest voters. Unless it is announced otherwise, we will always be accepting applications for the above positions. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope to see you in the Event Committee!