Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: I Rewrote One of My Old Songs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Earlier in my music-making here on Online Sequencer, I made a song called "Fighting". I thought it was good then, but now I think it's just meh. So, what did I do about it? I REWROTE IT (if you couldn't tell from the subject heading, lol)!

New version:
For those wondering, I rewrote this because I liked the idea of the song itself, but the first one was executed poorly (in my opinion). I kept most key parts but changed some just a little to sound better. Also, I switched some of the electric guitar parts for the distortion guitar, as well as scrapped the original bass part and added a completely new one that I never thought of the first time. The drums were changed a tad as well! Some parts of the original song were changed so they lasted four measures instead of two, but that didn't make the song TOO much longer than the original.

And for those who might want to compare the two, this is the FIRST "Fighting":
The initial idea for the song was a soft-ish rock tune, and the high-pitched electric guitar 'beeps' near the middle were there to represent a heart monitor in the hospital. Honestly, the song was executed weirdly (and admittedly, the new one was rushed, but I still like it better), and in the end, I just wanted to show my growth by remaking it!