Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Do people become desensitized to violence over time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm, I want to spark a discussion here. Let's begin.

Yes, I believe that people become desensitized to violence over time if it happens regularly. If it rarely happens, then you won't be that desensitized over time. But at a younger age, if violence is prominent in your life, it can gradually leave an imprint. You can also build a little tolerance to violence but that won't mean it doesn't hurt you at all. Violence also has a major role in anxiety and trauma. 

I want to hear from you guys Smile
Violence is not a good way to solve problems
Hi. The world has always desensitized us to violence, and there is no end in sight. Violence has always been around, and of course it desensitized us. It's more factual that we have become used to violence. However, look at people in Iraq. During the Iranian Revolution, you had people growing up around violence every day. It would have been impossible to not have gotten used to it. Today, we have the internet which constantly shows violence. It's a fact. It desensitized us to violence.