Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Question about volume
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just started using the sequencer. How come when I select all and copy a section, paste it and play it
the volume is lower in the copied section? How do I fix that?
(09-11-2021, 02:57 PM)DiversityRules Wrote: [ -> ]Just started using the sequencer. How come when I select all and copy a section, paste it and play it
the volume is lower in the copied section? How do I fix that?

can you send an example sequence, i have never heard of this happening before.  
It is possible that you copy pasted the same thing on top of itself, in which case it would make it louder, but when you paste it again and drag it somewhere else, the pasted section would sound quieter because it doesnt have 2 copies of each note.  The process of layering the same note on top of itself to make it louder is called note stacking.
Yeah, Cool172 is right. You've probably copied the section, accidentally pasted it twice, then only moved one of the pastes.

Easiest way to fix that would be to delete the original section and recopy the copied and moved part. If that's not an option I can give you some JS to dedupe the notes.