Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Secret Piano Changes, the Good and Bad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for fixing secret piano!!  But... The fix breaks some old sequences. I have sequences created a while ago with secret piano, which take into account the unfixed version of the instrument.  I would prefer if the fix had only been applied to new sequences, because existing sequences already account for the unfixed version.  Although these sequences could simply be edited to play back correctly, doing so would change the date associated with the sequence, and there are countless sequences which I'm sure the creator of will not bother to fix.  Maybe if there was a way to revert these sequences to their original sound without changing the date of them, like a console command, or simple filter checking the date modified.  I know this is a nit pick but I don't want every song pinned on  my account to have been created on the same day.  When someone clicks on one, it's nice for them to know when it was made.
Also, have any other instruments been changed and I didn't notice?  Also IF u do make it so that old sequences won't get broken, pls fix saxophone and drum kit.
Instruments in the "testing" section may change at any time. It's not possible to apply the fix only to new sequences.
(09-12-2021, 04:10 PM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Instruments in the "testing" section may change at any time. It's not possible to apply the fix only to new sequences.

lol i forget about the testing section since It was not changed for like a year
We considered replacing the sound with a completely different piano, fixing the bug which caused the sound to be delayed is probably the least disruptive change we could make.
My guitar samples are completely free to use (CC0) if you ever conaider adding them to OS
Secret piano is similar to the Acoustic piano in FL Studio. I hope you will keep it as it is. There was a problem last night but it works fine again now.
(09-12-2021, 08:29 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]My guitar samples are completely free to use (CC0) if you ever conaider adding them to OS

That would be great!!
(09-12-2021, 04:12 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]We considered replacing the sound with a completely different piano, fixing the bug which caused the sound to be delayed is probably the least disruptive change we could make.

That's good that you didn't replace it with a different piano.  I fixed all my broken sequences. Are there any changes planned for the other instruments?
(09-12-2021, 08:29 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]My guitar samples are completely free to use (CC0) if you ever conaider adding them to OS

Yes please!! I would love to do stuff with 2 guitars and both with proper sustain and release.

In fact I would love ANY new instruments (or old ones updated) to have proper sustain/release. I could do so much cool stuff.