Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: (poll) petition to get more bass/guitar instruments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
honestly theres too much piano. ive gotten a bit sick of piano and for the circumstances i make my songs in (being generally spooky or depressing a lot of the time) i feel like no other instrument really fits the bill.

other than my taste in making music there are alot of other reasons for more guitar/bass.
and i doubt im the only one who wants this too. 

so im putting up a poll.
although this definitely won't happen, I'd absolutely love it if it did. especially some more bass options. maybe a sustainable synth bass of some sort? the 8-bits are gettin old ? one can dream
^ yeah sampling new instruments is frowned upon in the mechanic community, especially fox which promptly answers with a "use what you already have". Personally i think there are a few guitars or basses that are harder to recreate using eq and different instruments and should be added but generally, the mechanics don't wanna bother thinking everything can be made with a little bit of clever sound design but i don't blame them, we already have quite a lot of features to our disposal.

Id just try to play with instruments and eqs if i were you. I know tibb made a banjo using detuned secret piano once if that can help
Whats this
eepic are you a boy or girl
Who likes Anime
(09-19-2021, 10:54 AM)inka Wrote: [ -> ]honestly theres too much piano. ive gotten a bit sick of piano and for the circumstances i make my songs in (being generally spooky or depressing a lot of the time) i feel like no other instrument really fits the bill.

other than my taste in making music there are alot of other reasons for more guitar/bass.

so im putting up a poll.

Too much piano and not enough guitar? There's 7 guitars and 4 pianos lol.  Some of the guitars are pretty similar too.
The big problem is finding free samples. If the OS developers really want to do this I can make a bass sample pack, there should be already a guitar sample pack I did.

And the pianos are significantly different, the quality of the piano instruments are much better than the guitars. If there would be a piano to add it would be an electric piano like fender rhodes. I can synthesize samples for that too using Surge. Really doubt this will go through though
(09-19-2021, 04:14 PM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2021, 10:54 AM)inka Wrote: [ -> ]honestly theres too much piano. ive gotten a bit sick of piano and for the circumstances i make my songs in (being generally spooky or depressing a lot of the time) i feel like no other instrument really fits the bill.

so im putting up a poll.

Too much piano and not enough guitar? There's 7 guitars and 4 pianos lol.  Some of the guitars are pretty similar too.

theres no big diversion between pianos. its the default instrument when you visit the website and its arguably the most used.
prove me wrong that its not the most bland instrument really, no offense jacob or fox etc