Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: please add a "double note deleter"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so it deletes the note that is stacked in one block, and it left only 1 note in the block. I added this suggestion because there is always a specific note that is stacked / doubled each time I import a MIDI file / resuming my project.
Here is a picture of that example:

[attachment=422][attachment=423]
Just right click the top note and it is gone. It works for me.
I like this idea. I hate it when notes are stacked. I think they need some kind of tool to detect stacked notes. Also, maybe a tool to shift around the layers or send notes backward or forward through the layers would be a nice addition too.
A better suggestion might be to fix that midi import bug Tounge

Anyway, you can do this with the JS console. Select the notes you want to dedupe (in your case you can just select the whole song), run the code below in the JS console (open the console with ctrl+shift+J on chrome), and it will select all the duplicate notes in the selection. I made it just select the dupe notes, rather than immediately deleting them, so that you can make sure it detected the dupes correctly.

let s=new Set();let t=new Set();for(const n of selection.notes) {let k=n.toString(0);if(t.has(k)){s.add(n);}else{t.add(k);}};selectNotesIf(n=>s.has(n));
(09-24-2021, 08:41 AM)emekat Wrote: [ -> ]Just right click the top note and it is gone.  It works for me.
dude it comes in handy when there is a lot of them. it took a long time, and it makes me tired
(09-22-2021, 05:00 PM)ma_spaghett Wrote: [ -> ]so it deletes the note that is stacked in one block, and it left only 1 note in the block. I added this suggestion because there is always a specific note that is stacked / doubled each time I import a MIDI file / resuming my project.

please i really need it
(01-30-2022, 01:13 AM)ma_spaghett Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2021, 05:00 PM)ma_spaghett Wrote: [ -> ]so it deletes the note that is stacked in one block, and it left only 1 note in the block. I added this suggestion because there is always a specific note that is stacked / doubled each time I import a MIDI file / resuming my project.

please i really need it
Yes it's really annouing...
I had this problem recently, maybe an option to remove stacked notes (only if they are the same instruments btw) would be very handy since you could have accidentally pasted your entire project and there's no undo-ing
(09-28-2021, 10:21 AM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]A better suggestion might be to fix that midi import bug Tounge

Anyway, you can do this with the JS console. Select the notes you want to dedupe (in your case you can just select the whole song), run the code below in the JS console (open the console with ctrl+shift+J on chrome), and it will select all the duplicate notes in the selection. I made it just select the dupe notes, rather than immediately deleting them, so that you can make sure it detected the dupes correctly.

let s=new Set();let t=new Set();for(const n of selection.notes) {let k=n.toString(0);if(t.has(k)){s.add(n);}else{t.add(k);}};selectNotesIf(n=>s.has(n));

oh wow! thanks! this really helps me!
(01-30-2022, 07:37 AM)trapbeat349 Wrote: [ -> ]I had this problem recently, maybe an option to remove stacked notes (only if they are the same instruments btw) would be very handy since you could have accidentally pasted your entire project and there's no undo-ing

yeah... but maybe different instrument deleting could also be useful because some people could have different instruments in the same sequence. when they accidentally copy and paste everything in there, it could be very handy
Pages: 1 2