Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: MP3 to midi sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know if I can convert stuff like mp3 into a midi key, of if it's even possible using this?
Copy this code into consol:

For going into consol, ctrl + f12

For getting f12, press fn button

In consol, delete code there by pressing ctrl + l

Then, paste code given to you with ctrl + v or right click and paste

To copy code, ctrl + c or right click and copy

For code, copy everything below this sentence:

loadInstrument(13);
var el = $('<input type="file" accept="audio/*">');
$(document.body).append(el);

el.on('change', function(e){
var reader = new FileReader();
reader.onload = function (e) {
var context = new AudioContext();
context.decodeAudioData(e.target.result, function(buffer){
var node = context.createAnalyser();
var resolution = 4;
node.fftSize = 4096;
node.smoothingTimeConstant = 0;
var bufferLength = node.frequencyBinCount;
var dataArray = new Uint8Array(bufferLength);
var audioSource = context.createBufferSource();
audioSource.buffer = buffer;
audioSource.loop = false;
audioSource.connect(node);
var time = 0;
audioSource.start(0);
setInterval(function(){
node.getByteFrequencyData(dataArray);
var f = [];
for (var i = 1; i < dataArray.length - 1; i++) {
var isPeak = dataArray[i] >= dataArray[i-1] && dataArray[i] >= dataArray[i+1];
if (isPeak) {
f.push([i, dataArray[i]]);
}
}
f.sort(function(a, b){return b[1] - a[1]});
for(var i = 0; i < Math.min(f.length, 4); i++) {
var frequency = f[i][0] * context.sampleRate / node.fftSize;
var note = piano[Math.round((piano.length*Math.log(2)+12*Math.log(55/frequency)+Math.log(4))/(Math.log(2)))];
if (note != undefined && f[i][1] > 32) {
song.addNote(new Note(song, note, time/resolution, 1/resolution, 13));
}
}
time++;
}, song.sleepTime/resolution);
setInterval(SequencerView.repaint, 1000);
});
}

reader.readAsArrayBuffer(e.target.files[0]);
});

el.click();
Many users on OS have tried converting mp3s to midis and you can find their sequences. I have done a few. Generally they only work so well.

Yes, there are online converters for converting mp3 and other audio files to midis, but they are not magic. They only can do so well. They divide the spectrum of sounds that they detect up into 88 keys or 120 notes or however many notes midis use, and they convert all the sound into one instrument.

They are very simple algorithms, they cannot detect percussion or different instruments. They convert exactly the frequencies they detect into the exact notes that they are detecting. Because of this, most mp3-to-midi conversion outputs will have notes all over the place. What we hear to be a singer singing one distinct note, the algorithm will hear undertones and variations in the singer's voice and it will yield a more complex result.
Sorry for interfering here, but why do you want to convert a good working format as MP3 to MIDI that nobody uses anymore? If I were you, I would rather upload your music to mp3juice.link and let people download it for free. This will skyrocket your popularity. Provided that your music is really good. It is all about mouth radio these days.
Just use a mp3 > midi converter but be cautious as some of these links may contain a virus, stay safe online

PS, dont listen to him above me, hes a bot
(02-07-2022, 09:17 AM)trapbeat349 Wrote: [ -> ]Just use a mp3 > midi converter but be cautious as some of these links may  contain a virus, stay safe online

What makes you think I am a bot???
wav to mid when
(02-07-2022, 09:19 AM)trapbeat349 Wrote: [ -> ]My bad I just come across bots alot and the way this paragraph was written made me think you were a bot

Sorry

It is a robot
Oh but they responded what
(02-07-2022, 09:18 AM)sweetillusion Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-07-2022, 09:17 AM)trapbeat349 Wrote: [ -> ]Just use a mp3 > midi converter but be cautious as some of these links may  contain a virus, stay safe online

What makes you think I am a bot???

Explain yourself with OS chat.
Pages: 1 2