Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Suggestions on making this song flow better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm relatively new to the whole 'making music' thing, and I'd like to get you're guy's opinions on this bit of music I just made today. I want it to sound relatively good, and not something I want to die over when I make music for a game I plan on making down the line.

<-Here's a link to the music, by the way.
There are many problems with that song. First of all, there isn't enough repetition. You need to repeat sections so the song sounds focused and not random. Its helpful to make the sections fit between the thick lines on the grid. The other problem is the drums sound bad, with the flamming. And third, when the instruments come in they are all trying to be the focal point so it sounds like a mess.

Tip: you don't need reverb on everything
(10-05-2021, 07:23 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]There are many problems with that song. First of all, there isn't enough repetition. You need to repeat sections so the song sounds focused and not random. Its helpful to make the sections fit between the thick lines on the grid. The other problem is the drums sound bad, with the flamming. And third, when the instruments come in they are all trying to be the focal point so it sounds like a mess.

Tip: you don't need reverb on everything

Ah, thanks. Been thinking I needed to cut down on the drums since I posted it.

How long do you think I should make a repetition for a song? About 15 bars? 10? I'm not entirely sure how long I need to do it for...

I'll get rid of the reverb, thanks for letting me know about that.

Guess I need to make the instruments quiet, then.
4, always groups of 4 for songs
(10-05-2021, 07:36 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]4, always groups of 4 for songs

Ok, thank you!