Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: THE OFFICIAL Sustain Strings Beg-a-Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Beg for sustain strings here!!
Members of the sustain brass crowd are also welcome.
First: Its hard to find decent free samples (no copyright)

Second that would take up a lot more web storage space, orchestra samples are big

Third that may make OS user less creative with pseudosustain and other techniques
(10-07-2021, 05:27 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]First: Its hard to find decent free samples (no copyright)

Second that would take up a lot more web storage space, orchestra samples are big

Third that may make OS user less creative with pseudosustain and other techniques

i knew this would happen
(10-07-2021, 05:27 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]First: Its hard to find decent free samples (no copyright)

1. yes that is true, but not impossible.
2. Sad IDC even the super mario 64 strings sound pretty good the samples don't have to be thaaaaat good. also OS uses ogg which is pretty efficient
3. I do not believe this is an issue, as this is similar to similar to the implementation of secret piano.  I believe while it can be argued that sex piano made it require less creativity to pull off a good piano sound, its existence makes the site better and less of a pain.  This is kinda like saying the marker UI shouldn't be redone so you still have to put in effort to marker spam.  While instruments like smooth synth and bass can be sustained nicely, pseudo sustained violin and cello sound bad unless hidden or reverbed the hell out of.
If this happens, I could possibly record some cello and maybe violin, I have both
(10-07-2021, 05:50 PM)ashduino101 Wrote: [ -> ]If this happens, I could possibly record some cello and maybe violin, I have both

MODS  TAKE NOTE!!
we're already planning on this, we have other things planned to do first though
Oh really? I can send some of my free string synth patches that sound pretty realistic if you need samples
(10-07-2021, 06:39 PM)fox Wrote: [ -> ]we're already planning on this, we have other things planned to do first though
Should i get excited?
Also what planned for the nearer future?
reverb
Pages: 1 2