Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Stop doing this in your songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of users I see here tend to really mud up their songs with low smooth synth with high volume, or by using piano, especially fast piano, or reverb piano as bass. Please stop, I can make so many songs so much better by just deleting the smooth synth. 

Another thing you are doing WRONG ismaking the drums too quiet, often to the point I can barely even hear them!! Drums always should be up front, a focal point forthe song,NOT a background texture! 

Delay can be an issue too, i try to avoid it as much as possiblebecase the wet/dry ratio is too wet, and it causes phase issues with 8bits, making some notes real loud and some real quiet. Not recommended for how easy if can make your song super muddy.

How do you know if your sobg has these mistakes? Turn down your headphones a lot, and try to listen to every instrument distictly, then try to listen to the drums, then try to only focus on the main melody. If you can't do any 1 of tese three things your song has probably a problem.
The artwork at the bottom with LOPYT MUSIC is so awesome

love it
Top 10 things to avoid as a beginner by Jonah
look it up
(10-22-2021, 07:15 AM)PuzzlePuddles Wrote: [ -> ]Top 10 things to avoid as a beginner by Jonah
look it up

That forum is old