Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Download chat messages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there any way to just press a button and then you have all the messages in the chat downloaded in a file or folder on your computer?
(I have a slight fear of losing stuff about the past and I wanna download all the chat messages just in case all of the new chat messages are deleted)
i mean i presume you could just go to the chat logs and download an .html file of it via right clicking
(10-29-2021, 01:09 PM)cosmicPython Wrote: [ -> ]i mean i presume you could just go to the chat logs and download an .html file of it via right clicking

I'm on mobile so I can't right click and also is that even possible?
(10-29-2021, 01:11 PM)Wistick Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2021, 01:09 PM)cosmicPython Wrote: [ -> ]i mean i presume you could just go to the chat logs and download an .html file of it via right clicking

for mobile:

nah the site's pretty biased towards PC so

for possibility:

yes i just did it
(10-29-2021, 01:12 PM)cosmicPython Wrote: [ -> ]

for mobile:

for possibility:

yes i just did it

And are you able to view all the chat messages?
The only way to do it on mobile is for someone to send me the html and I download it
(10-29-2021, 01:15 PM)Wistick Wrote: [ -> ]

for mobile:

for possibility:

yes i just did it

The only way to do it on mobile is for someone to send me the html and I download it

well due to how the chat logs are designed, you can't have all of the chat messages ever done be downloaded into one .html file (that is, without a bot scraping the site for you)

also i didn't think of being sent an .html file; that works too
(10-29-2021, 01:16 PM)cosmicPython Wrote: [ -> ]

for mobile:

for possibility:

yes i just did it

well due to how the chat logs are designed, you can't have all of the chat messages ever done be downloaded into one .html file (that is, without a bot scraping the site for you)

So when you download the html you mean you have to download only 1 page at a time?
(I'm new to the chat so I don't really know that much about it)
(10-29-2021, 01:19 PM)Wistick Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2021, 01:11 PM)Wistick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on mobile so I can't right click and also is that even possible?

for mobile:

for possibility:

yes i just did it

So when you download the html you mean you have to download only 1 page at a time?

yeah, unless like i said you made a bot to scrape each and every page to turn into one file for (in)convenience
(10-29-2021, 01:19 PM)Wistick Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2021, 01:11 PM)Wistick Wrote: [ -> ]I'm on mobile so I can't right click and also is that even possible?

for mobile:

for possibility:

yes i just did it

Oh ok, well thank you for your time
why do you want to download the chat logs?
Pages: 1 2