Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Contest: 2017 Style Sequences!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the 26th marking 4 years of making music online for me, I thought it would be fun to celebrate by pushing the limits of online sequencer, using the limitations it had when I joined.  Since the archive.org version of online sequencer is unusable, you will make songs in modern OS but exclude any new features.

Rules
-Make any type of song you want
-You can only use the following instruments, and nothing more:
Electric Piano (Classic)
Grand Piano (Classic)
Acoustic Guitar (not jazz,
Drum Kit (not electric or any others)
Smooth Synth
Electric Guitar
Bass (not slap bass, synth bass, or 808 bass)
Synth Pluck
Scifi
French Horn
Trombone
Violin
Cello
8 Bit Sine, Square, Sawtooth, and Triangle
Harpsichord
-No markers
-No Panning
-No EQ
-No Detune
-No Distortion (future proofing this thread lmao)
-No effects except for Classic Reverb and Delay, you can use both at the same time if you like
-Reverb volume must be 100 if reverb used%
-No note velocity, (you can still use note stacking)
**Edit because i forgot things: Do not use a song you have previously made unless you are willing to revisit it to change or add something new to it.

Important Stuff
Submissions due by Dec. 15th, your submission may not be eligible for wining if you edit after that date.
Have fun!!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys make.

I will contact a few people to help me decide the best sequence once submissions are in.

Smile
This is easy. I remember when I was here back then. The good times. Time to do a call back to the old tradition Wink
This is a place holder my collab with Guest.

I'll put in an original later. This is gonna be an interesting challenge
(11-24-2021, 05:09 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry lopyt but i dont think i will allow these entries.  I forgot that people might enter old songs like is allowed by normal monthly contests, but I want this to be an opportunity to revisit old OS as a challenge.  I will let you keep the songs in the contest if you update them in some way.  If you don't want to mess with the edit date of the songs when you update them, reply to this. I will update the thread with this rule
Oh I'll just make new ones then whoops
coolio

Its worth a shot so might as well shoot my shot.
(11-30-2021, 06:52 AM)Ridzyaki Wrote: [ -> ]    

Ragtime piano is not allowed
(11-30-2021, 07:26 AM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-30-2021, 06:52 AM)Ridzyaki Wrote: [ -> ]https://onlinesequencer.net/

Ragtime piano is not allowed

Gotcha making a new one now.
Pages: 1 2