Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Add More to Playlists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that playlists are here, I've thought of stuff that I hope isn't in development yet for you guys to add.

Jacob and devs. Please read.

-Please add a playlists page like how sequences have their own page (onlinesequencer.net/sequences)

-Allow us to turn on fast graphics while listening to sequences

-Allow us to see playlist plays like how sequence plays are listed

-Add comment section to playlists like how we can comment on sequences
-Reorder sequences
-Playlist descriptions
-Perhaps a favouriting system so you can save other people's playlists to your profile (it'll still show as created by them ofc)
-Support for multimedia keyboards
-Ability to set the cover sequences (the 4 that make up the thumbnail)
filler text

(So people can see the thread)
adjust size of previews, like 1x1 on the preview or like 2x1 or 1x2 or the 2x2
sheesh
drag to change the order of sequences in playlist
(11-30-2021, 05:24 PM)trapbeat349 Wrote: [ -> ]Now that playlists are here, I've thought of stuff that I hope isn't in development yet for you guys to add.

-Please add a playlists page like how sequences have their own page (onlinesequencer.net/sequences)

Maybe. We will see what will they do.
I agree that views should be a thing. The only thing I've seen said against adding views to playlists is that some people might add other's songs to their playlists and get views on their playlists off of other's work. But I really don't think this is such a big problem.

If a playlist that has other's songs in it it will just make more people see those sequences. Plus, it's easy to get views off other's songs by remixing. If we were REALY worried about people getting praise for other's songs then we should disable views on all remixed songs.

Comments would also be something I'd like a lot.

Comments and views are what I mainly want though. I'd like to see if the playlists I put work into are actually being viewed or if no one cares about them. Sure I could paste the link in chat often but how would I know if anyone actually listened to it?

Alternatively, instead of just playlist views, you could display the views of each song individually next to their names on the left. That would allow you to see if people are clicking on your playlist and ALSO which songs in the playlist are the most popular.

Thanks for coming to my ted talk

P.S. - When making playlists, dragging to reorder songs would be a godsend.
Agree but perhaps playlist views should not affect the global user view and just the playlist.
(11-30-2021, 05:24 PM)trapbeat349 Wrote: [ -> ]Now that playlists are here, I've thought of stuff that I hope isn't in development yet for you guys to add.

1. no plans to add a page to view playlists currently, might change in the future. would need to write some kind of pager thing like the sequences have

2. i assume this was made before i added back the title bar with the zoom/fast graphics controls & comments

3. playlists don't count plays and i've already explained why they don't

4. see #2