Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: What defines a "good sequence"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What do you think is most important when determining whether or not a sequence is "good"? It's obviously very subjective but I want to see where people's priorities lie.
I don't understand Personal taste/Genre

I want to say that my own personal taste is what makes a good sequence, but I don't want to say that a sequence having a specific genre makes it good.
blend of all three
(12-12-2021, 08:39 PM)fox Wrote: [ -> ]blend of all three

was really close to making this an option but i felt everyone would've picked it then lol
i feel likeos is all about pushing the website to its limits. It doesn't limit you much with composition, but the number of samples makes it much more impressive when a sequence overcomes the limits and creates a new sound.
(12-14-2021, 07:20 AM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]i feel likeos is all about pushing the website to its limits.  It doesn't limit you much with composition, but the number of samples makes it much more impressive when a sequence overcomes the limits and creates a new sound.
I agree, but I think execution really matters. Sometimes going too crazy with effects can detract from a sequence. What I think is important is being able to effectively portray meaning through your music.
(12-12-2021, 07:36 PM)Mr. Magicman Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think is most important when determining whether or not a sequence is "good"? It's obviously very subjective but I want to see where people's priorities lie.

Put stuff together. Sounds good? Good. 
Yeah I dont have much to add lol someone more knowledgeable than me might answer
(12-17-2021, 03:27 PM)Calico Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2021, 07:20 AM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]i feel likeos is all about pushing the website to its limits.  It doesn't limit you much with composition, but the number of samples makes it much more impressive when a sequence overcomes the limits and creates a new sound.
I agree, but I think execution really matters. Sometimes going too crazy with effects can detract from a sequence. What I think is important is being able to effectively portray meaning through your music.

i need to rething how i make songs then ?
(12-12-2021, 08:39 PM)fox Wrote: [ -> ]blend of all three

I agree here.
USe a key, Dont spam random stuff, and dont spam reverb
Pages: 1 2