Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Site Regulation Announcement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-17-2021, 04:44 AM)XavierOasis Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2021, 01:35 AM)Crumthecrumb Wrote: [ -> ]I know everyone is hyped for vote mute, and it is agreed by the mods, it could be a little extreme,  so I was thinking, there should be a way to mute the person, but only for themselves, like for example, in games, you can mute people  by clicking on their name and clicking mute,  it would mute them from you, but not from the chat, and block them so they cannot not talk to you even on the os email. And if there was a vote mute, then it should be when you do !votemute and it shows a message on the screen, like a pop-up, where you write the reason and show the screenshot for the mods to check, these are both good ideas.

I thought of vote mute as a possible solution in the past because it acts as a deterrent and it actually improves the general experience of chat. If we're trying to make chat more welcoming, then an ignore feature like u mentioned on its own might be counterproductive because it won't immediately solve the problem for new users, and some people might be more inclined to just tolerate the behavior rather than ignoring users they might be friends with because they don't want to be left out of the conversation when people are being civil. I do agree that in practice a vote mute might be a little harsh and it completely depends on how its implemented, but it is a step in the right direction imo. But there's a big chance in my mind that it won't require additional features to just encourage a better atmosphere
Yeah that's pretty good, I agree with you completely, vote mute is the best option I guess.
Heck yeah! The chat was turning into 4chan, glad to see it's gonna get better moderation.
YEAH NO MORE CUM
Pages: 1 2 3