Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: [Please Read} Idea Regarding the OS Community Reform Movement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Edit: If you have a different answer to the poll (Like a "maybe") Reply to this thread and let me know what you would change. Keep in mind all of this stuff is purely an idea and details can be modified upon further inspection. If you answered "No" to the poll, reply to this thread and let me know why you think it's a bad idea.

Just a fun little Idea I had, nothing serious

If we're going to go through with this idea of making OS a more positive and inclusive space, I had an idea for a Mod-only command, called !oscrm (I talked about this a little with fox and Calico)

It's a harmless command, an alternative for offing chat. When !oscrm is triggered, the following happens:

1. Every message typed into chat, regardless of what was actually typed, is replaced with kind remarks about the weather, things about Unicorns and rainbows, and overall positive things.

This is meant to be a harmless thing.

It lasts for 30 minutes by default, but can be made to last for longer periods of time if desired.

I think this would be more effective towards reforming the chat than just turning it off. Instead of taking away people's ability to speak, you would USE their ability to speak for the betterment of chat. Since all people would be able to send nice, positive messages, they would be forced to read them and therefore be put into a more chill, friendly mood. (I'm sure there's some kind of study or something about the psychology of this)

2. While activated, you could have Robo periodically send positive encouraging messages like:

"Come on guys, we can get through this!"

"Let's practice a positive mental attitude"

(This part, and any part is obviously completely optional)

3. To stop people from pm'ing nasty stuff, you could also change the pm's to positive messages.

i.e: "@Jacob_ I HATE YOU YOU SUCK"

Turns to: (whisper) "You look really nice today, keep it up!"

(Or various other positive praises)

Again, it's just a fun little idea I had. I thought it might be more effective in domesticating chat when things get too rough. It's a positive way to take away people's ability to send messages while not technically taking away their ability to send messages.

When the command is triggered, robo should notify the command was triggered by saying something like:

"Okay guys, now let's get positive!"

These ideas might seem a little bit too over the top, but I think it would be appropriate as this command is supposed to be used as an Alternative to offing, and since you only off chat during emergencies or when it gets really bad, so to do you use !oscrm when chat gets really bad and you want to change everyone's mindset to a positive one. More effective than offing in my opinion since when people cant talk, they just stew in their anger for 30 minutes until it comes back on.

So why not make them look at positive messages to get them into the right mindset when chat turns back on?

Sincerely, King_Coda

(P.S. Sorry Jacob I know I emailed this to you already, but this is for the community to read)
this is exactly like when you type "ez" on hypixel lmao
I like the gist of the idea, but I would leave it up to the moderators to decide what would be the best way to implement it.

Also, I like the idea of replacing certain words with endearing statements.

For example, "***** you" could be replace with "Love you" Wink
(12-17-2021, 02:30 PM)Calico Wrote: [ -> ]I like the gist of the idea, but I would leave it up to the moderators to decide what would be the best way to implement it.

Also, I like the idea of replacing certain words with endearing statements.

For example, "***** you" could be replace with "Love you" Wink

That's exactly what I'm looking for lol. Like i said, this is purely and idea, and the people who actually run the site can change it as they see fit.
(12-17-2021, 02:27 PM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]this is exactly like when you type "ez" on hypixel lmao

Exactly, except it actually does something to help lol
Thanks everybody for the feedback on this forum and in chat.

I want to do everything I can to help improve OS.

#OSCRM