Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Some of my ideas for this sequencer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This sequencer is good, but it can be better. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just telling you ideas to improve it.

First of all, an Android app that can be found on the Play Store. We've all been waiting for this, haven't we?

Second of all, maybe add more 8 bit instruments.

Third of all, more events. For example, a shake screen one and one that can display custom text.
hm idk about screens but i kinda agree with 8 bits.

There's a lot of instruments that I would like to see (such as on the https://experiments-os.glitch.me/) but I understand recording new samples takes time and money.

There's an aspect of OS that is very pleasant in that it does not overwhelm you with features like many DAWs do; adding too many options / events / instruments would possibly intimidate newer users which is why I like the "hidden" features such as, markers and inverts.

An application is something a few of us have suggested before, personally I would love like a steam version which works entirely offline as an application, programmed in the right way would allow for easy transfer to mobile app stores. However, I don't agree with having it available on phones because that would be clunky and awkward esp with smaller screens, even the larger ones. Yet, I understand that people want to use phones and tablets for it.

Idk why you would need to add screens to a midi sequencer really, just make a video if u need them so badly. We have the comments on the side if you wanted to add notes or other sequences.
Making sequencers on a touch screen is actually pretty difficult to do well, I have yet to see amobile DAW that isn't a pain in the ass to use. Also if you care at all about your privacy, try aurora store and fdroid store Wink

As for 8bit instruments, I believe there were plans for a real soft-synthesizer in OS