Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Note's longer than an 8th note (1/2)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm a music teacher and am using Online Sequencer for a composition project with some of my classes.

Today I was randomly clicking through some of the projects on the right of the sequencer and I came across one where someone was able to create notes that lasted a full beat (4 cells).  I've been wondering why the sequencer only allows 8th notes as the longest note, but apparently it is possible to create longer notes?  How is this done?

Thanks in advance!
Please check in the experiments tab. This is the most asked question on the Forums, so I will post a tutorial in the News section.
(02-11-2016, 01:11 PM)d-c-s-m Wrote: [ -> ]Please check in the experiments tab. This is the most asked question on the Forums, so I will post a tutorial in the News section.

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I actually did find the explanation for how to do it using the console after posting this question.  It's too bad there isn't an easier way as using a java console will be way too confusing for a grade 5 student.  Oh well, I guess we will be sticking to 8th notes and 16th notes.
It is fine. If you need any more assistance teaching your students using this site, just ask.