Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Great app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I absolutely love the onlinesequencer, because it is easy to use and allows a total n00b like me to create actual music, the fact you're able to select your key so you don't do a bum note is brilliant (I'd be lost outside of C Major if you didn't have that function). I'm mostly making music for me to use in a game I am making in RPG Maker, I just didn't want to use the default music that comes with the program because it is super generic and has already been used to death. I'm doing my own graphics for it too, I'm using Krita for my pixel art.

I love the 8-bit instruments because they do suit my purposes well, however, I would like to see some greater choice of retro sounding instruments, and perhaps a synthetic voice sound which would go well in some settings (eg, my character walks into a cathedral or old church), think of like, the synthetic voice you hear in the temple of time music from Zelda (ocarina of time). And, maybe a vibrato effect for existing instruments, I think that would sound nice with the 8 bit sine in particular.

I made this one yesterday, for a haunted house theme:

Don't expect new instruments coming very soon, but you can do vibrato already! If you use markers (those little > that you see at the top of some songs, you can change effects such as tuning. You can chain a bunch of markers in a row to make the tuning go back and forth and create a pretty good vibrato effect. It is a little messy, but it sounds good.

here you can see how Lopyt created vibrato using markers on the 8 bit sine. Enter the editor and right click the bar at the top to see the markers.
(01-01-2022, 08:51 AM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't expect new instruments coming very soon, but you can do vibrato already!  If you use markers (those little > that you see at the top of some songs, you can change effects such as tuning.  You can chain a bunch of markers in a row to make the tuning go back and forth and create a pretty good vibrato effect.  It is a little messy, but it sounds good.

here you can see how Lopyt created vibrato using markers on the 8 bit sine.  Enter the editor and right click the bar at the top to see the markers.

Ah, okay. It's quite a work around for a lack of vibrato effect (I mean, just look at how easy it is to get an instrument to play in reverse!). On the instruments thing... damn, I was kind of hoping for a retro playground of sorts. I guess I will just have to learn to work with the limitations of the program. I have looked at some other options too, and this one seems to be the easiest to work with and understand.
I just tested something, it seems I can do it this way too, which is easier than trying to mess around with markers

(01-01-2022, 10:12 AM)HelenofBorg Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested something, it seems I can do it this way too, which is easier than trying to mess around with markers

that does work, but it's not smooth.  here i made a template you can just Ctrl+A Ctrl+C and paste on to your sequence to add vibrato
(01-02-2022, 06:28 PM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]that does work, but it's not smooth.  here i made a template you can just Ctrl+A Ctrl+C and paste on to your sequence to add vibrato
yeah, that right
You can get free programs like Ardour or Reaper or Cakewalk that let you have any instrument as well as customizable instruments and much more useful effects. Highly recommend SurgeXT as a synth for these programs too and plugins4free.com to download some instruments and effects