Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Collaboration/Remix Etiquette?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, been lurking for a bit.

I've come across some sequences I'd love to mess around with and add on to, so I was just hoping to get some guidance on to approach playing with other people's tracks. Are you supposed to message people for permission to create a sequence based on their original?  Or do people just sort of jump onto whatever they take a fancy to as long as you make sure there's a link back to the first sequence?
(01-24-2022, 10:49 AM)j_the_flame Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, been lurking for a bit.

I've come across some sequences I'd love to mess around with and add on to, so I was just hoping to get some guidance on to approach playing with other people's tracks. Are you supposed to message people for permission to create a sequence based on their original?  Or do people just sort of jump onto whatever they take a fancy to as long as you make sure there's a link back to the first sequence?

i'd say it depends on the person, but usually people will be fine with you just editing it, as long as you add your own touch. if they're in chat, shoot them a question, but if not then the best you can do is give credit to the original sequence :^)
Okay, that's about what I thought.  Thank you!
Its all about communication. If the person is nice and likes what you added then go right for it. Though you want to be careful with copyright laws which dictate that a person can legally get something removed because they dont like it.
Feel free to edit my songs on OS

If you are making money off of the edit, then you should definitely ask first. Otherwise, as long as you change it up enough, it should be fine. Although, double-checking never hurts.

edit any of mine. yes, even things form the Speedyverse OST, just nothing of TPOL right now :3
Groovy!  Thank you for your advice, everyone!  I'm not looking to make money off of anything on here, just in it to learn and create.  I look forward to checking out your stuff, Lopyt and Speedyplayz!
(01-24-2022, 01:22 PM)j_the_flame Wrote: [ -> ]Groovy!  Thank you for your advice, everyone!  I'm not looking to make money off of anything on here, just in it to learn and create.  I look forward to checking out your stuff, Lopyt and Speedyplayz!

might as well let you use my music too
If you can make money of an OS song I'd be astonished haha
Pages: 1 2