Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Earning Money vs Relying on Fame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a conundrum for y'all. Would you rather make 200+ songs and make $100 a commission per minute per track OR make 2 masterpieces a year and have to rely on fame to get you back money.

This is a question not just about motivations, but how you want to progress with music in the future.

This is also a question if you want your music to have monetary value

Also if you do care to, explain your reasoning in the comments

QUICK EDIT:
The reason why I ask this is how do you want to be successful in music

1. are you in it for money
2. are you in it for connections
3. what steps can you do to achieve this goal

in the question, I phrased it in a way where your 2 masterpieces will not be bought by people and only relying on a random number generator to be successful
which also means you wont have as many connections.

the first option allows for connections and the connections can have the potential of becoming popular. You will just follow them in.
200+ songs maximizes that chance in my opinion
facts ?
the second option
masterpieces are well, masterpieces. everyone likes them. you gonna get fame, and most likely
?✨m o n e y✨?
(02-06-2022, 01:09 PM)broomboy Wrote: [ -> ]masterpieces are well, masterpieces. everyone likes them. you gonna get fame, and most likely
?✨m o n e y✨?

so you are relying on faith to be successful
(02-06-2022, 01:10 PM)Alex! Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2022, 01:09 PM)broomboy Wrote: [ -> ]masterpieces are well, masterpieces. everyone likes them. you gonna get fame, and most likely
?✨m o n e y✨?

so you are relying on faith to be successful

kind of
1. I'm not in music for the money, it's just fun. I don't plan on studying music in college or relying on it for any significant portion of my income
2. no
3. im in music because being good at it makes me feel cool
Nobody listens to my music either way haha
I would take the money paid by minute and write loooooong songs. Tounge
Make a whole bunch of money, then do whatever the heck you want once you're rich