Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: sequence reposting/stealing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So some time ago i made a sequence and it got a few views
but then about a month later some random person without a registered account copied my sequence and it somehow got more views
like i would be fine with it was a remix or even if it had the slightest of difference but it's literally identical to mine
the best case scenario i can think of is that this person somehow accidentally reposted it but that's kinda unlikely
i really don't know what to do here since there are no official rules about this but ok

sequences for comparision

my sequence:

the other person's sequence:
gone
Dude this stuff happens all the time and there isnt much we can do, petro was the famous one who did this
you can't really do anything about it, sadly. it's not a registered user. but the views don't matter. we all know yours is the original
(02-14-2022, 06:17 PM)Benjobanjo7 Wrote: [ -> ]gone

thanks
It's fine to copy sequences if you make it clear that you didn't make one, which this one didn't. Could have just been someone accidentally hitting the save button.
Feel free to copy my OS songs without my permission
(02-14-2022, 06:15 PM)SomeUser Wrote: [ -> ]
So some time ago i made a sequence and it got a few views
but then about a month later some random person without a registered account copied my sequence and it somehow got more views
like i would be fine with it was a remix or even if it had the slightest of difference but it's literally identical to mine
the best case scenario i can think of is that this person somehow accidentally reposted it but that's kinda unlikely
i really don't know what to do here since there are no official rules about this but ok

sequences for comparision

my sequence:

the other person's sequence:

This happened ti me to, they put a [fixed] after the title sometimes and sometimes didnt but it was the same as far as I could tell. it was an unregistered account too This happened a lot with my Mario art series