Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: idea for more instruments, effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sustain on distortion guitar in the form of shredding, sustain on brass instruments, and the will to live.
but actually not having sustain for strings and brass kills me
(02-18-2022, 12:53 PM)KarambitFlix Wrote: [ -> ]but actually not having sustain for strings and brass kills me

As a wise man once told me, git gud n00b
(02-18-2022, 09:54 AM)Mr.made Wrote: [ -> ]I have an idea, what if you guys, added effects and more instruments. 

Welcome to Online Sequencer!
I hope you enjoy it. It has really grown over the period of just a few years, and has become a pretty good midi and music sequencer, but there are still a few things that could definitely be improved. (One area being midi import and exporting, and the other area being the amount of instruments available and the ability to sustain instruments).

The devs have mentioned in the past that they don't really like to add more instruments, it's kind of a hassle to add more and they already have a pretty useful array of sounds. This is an area of the site that I don't see expanding very soon. Back in the beginning, there were only like 13 sounds. And now they have over triple that amount. This is a big step. But I don't see them adding more anytime soon. Except maybe they will add the instrument that the user named Liam has mentioned that he has been working on. Maybe. Hard to know when that will be.

Go to the Modded Sequencer!
If you want a version of this site that has more instruments, go to this website. You can't make an account there, so be sure to save the links to your own songs somewhere. I use my bio in the forums to save my modded-sequencer links. I hope this helps.

https://experiments-os.glitch.me/

(Note: this site doesn't have any of the advanced effects that we have in this site now (Distortion, Reverb, and EQ). These effects are pretty new to the site and are one of the many very helpful aspects of the site. It would be cool to see the modded-glitch site also utilize these new features, but sadly it has not been updated recently.)

Thanks
(02-18-2022, 12:52 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Adding more sounds = :/
Adding more ways to manipulate the sounds = B)

I agree with Alex, I really want a compressor

I'd settle for meters. What good is a compressor without a margin meter anyways?
(02-25-2022, 07:19 AM)emekat Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd settle for meters.  What good is a compressor without a margin meter anyways?

If you can hear compression you dont really need visual feedback, not that visual feedback isnt helpful
(02-25-2022, 10:02 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2022, 07:19 AM)emekat Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd settle for meters.  What good is a compressor without a margin meter anyways?

If you can hear compression you dont really need visual feedback, not that visual feedback isnt helpful

A peak meter would make things a whole lot easier to avoid the 'might be too loud' message. Then you could find which part(s) were considered 'too loud' without mucking around in the mix.
Pages: 1 2