Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Help with sound quality.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow composers, I have a song that I'm particularly fond of, but I can't get the scratchy sound to go away. I thought it was the abundance of instruments and notes, but I have heard other songs with just as many instruments, that sound flawless. In other words, What's your secret? How on earth do you do it?

This is the song:

JoDN
A "scratchy" sound can have many different implications. It could be your sound device, headphones, or even computer - check these things before assuming that it's your composition. It could also be the volume or gain present on your notes, sequence, or EQ.

edit: oh, i missed your sequence oops
In this case I'd definitely place the culprit to be the smooth synth. Try muting the smooth synth to make sure this is correct, and if so, try messing around with its EQ and volume settings.

Or, if needed, replace the smooth synth entirely with another instrument, such as drawn out 8-bit notes. Hope this helps :/
(03-12-2022, 06:40 PM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]In this case I'd definitely place the culprit to be the smooth synth. Try muting the smooth synth to make sure this is correct, and if so, try messing around with its EQ and volume settings.

Or, if needed, replace the smooth synth entirely with another instrument, such as drawn out 8-bit notes. Hope this helps :/

Thanks, I'll try it and see what happens.