Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: OS Veteran here; getting back into music again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone, long time no see.

I have been on this site making music for over seven years (December 16th, 2014 is when I joined). You may have heard some of my music back in the day (particularly Zenithbound).

I have to say that if I had never discovered OS when I did, I have no idea where I would be. I’ve always wanted to be a musician as a kid, and OS had really cemented that dream. Especially around 2016, I really started to discover my love for music composition, and eventually production, as I played around with Soundation Studio and made my first sort of indie album.

Unfortunately, as some may remember, I sort of “quit” my passion for making music at the end of 2018, due to me having a rather dogged view on the music industry. Even after having made Zenithbound, I just sort of lost that spark. Since then, I’ve fully moved on to game development, YouTube, and Krunker.io to pass the time, and while I’d still occasionally make OS tunes, I have stuck to my guns with music. Even my activity on OS had slowed down considerably.

Then came 2021, where something weird happened; I started to REALLY love music again. I discovered albums like Pet Sounds, Abbey Road, The La's, White Pony, "Discovery," and other albums that reminded me how much I loved music. Then I discovered bandcamp, and the insane underground scene that I WISH I had seen before. Eventually, I began to get that “creative spark” again with music, and now I can safely say that I’m ready to get back into the swing of things.

I have recently bought FL Studio, as I’ve dreamed of doing for so long, and have been slowly but surely learning it. I also got a nice set of studio headphones and everything. I am serious about it. I’m getting back into music, at least as a side hobby. I still love game dev and YouTube, so I’m not giving those up, but I figured I'd start my music journey once again and see where it takes me.

Unfortunately, the bad news is that I am finally, I guess “officially” quitting Online Sequencer to focus on this (although I’ve pretty much quit a while back anyways). As insane as OS has become as of late (the thing literally has automation and BPM changes and EQs and sustained notes. Note stacking is no longer necessary at all, either), I am at the point where I have a full on DAW to play around with and learn on. I may come back to OS from time to time to do “EQ edits” of my best sequences to preserve them, and I may even come back in the future just to make something for all time's sake, idk. But I think I have to admit that my time on OS is practically over, and it’s time for me to move on to big boy music and game dev and other stuff.

I would like to say that I am extremely thankful to have been a part of this community. I don’t think I would have the sense of purpose I do now had I not stumbled across this place via Vsauce3. I am so glad I was able to grow up alongside it, and inspire myself and other people to get better at music, and to watch the site go from like eight instruments to well over 40 of them. Online Sequencer was the first place in my life I could truly share the best of myself without my autism tainting everyone’s view of me, and it showed me that I have genuine worth. I know it seems all cliche, and calling it cliche is cliche in and of itself, but I can’t put into words how much I loved this place. I will always cherish all the memories and music I’ve made on this site for changing my life for the better.

Now that I poured my soul out, time to sell it. If you guys want to follow me from now on, I have my YouTube and Twitter in my signature (first time I’ve updated it since 2014 lol). I also have my Bandcamp, where I’m going to release all my music (I also plan to release my music to all the major streaming sites via distrokid for convenience). I plan to release that self-produced Soundation album I made in 2018 on March 20th, 2022 (21st for some people), and I have a sort of premiere on youtube that’s going up on 8:30 PM EST on the 20th (You can go here to see it). After that, it’s gonna be available on Bandcamp and other music stores for you guys to listen to. So there’s all that.

Thanks alot for everything. I hope you all are doing great in life. Y’all are the best.
OMG OMG JHXC :PLEADING: PLEADING:
I've heard your legends, welcome back my friend!
Thanks for the update! You have gathered a lot of fans while you were gone Smile
Heres some updates on OS I know of:

If you havent been checking up on OS every so often OS has added
-markers
-New piano sustain instruments
-distortion
-reverb options
-and some new mods
(03-14-2022, 05:57 PM)trapbeat349 Wrote: [ -> ]Heres some updates on OS I know of:

If you havent been checking up on OS every so often OS has added
-markers
-New piano sustain instruments
-distortion
-reverb options
-and some new mods

I've been lurking on OS for a bit, and it's insane that OS is basically a (very VERY entry level) DAW almost.
I don't think I really made myself clear though; I'm moving on from OS to big boy music making (FL Studio specifically), so I'm not really coming back to OS per se.
Woooo welcome back
Sad to see you're not coming back to be here regularly, but super happy to hear you're gotten your passion for music back, and that it sounds like life is going super well! :D It'll be 5 years on OS for me later this year, and I'm in the same boat as you. This place is literally what allowed me to see that I had an actual talent for music that was beyond just learning covers of video game tracks on piano lol. Hope you'll decide to pop in and visit us in chat when you've got the time. Good luck man, you have a gift, share it with everyone you can! :D
WIll you visit in chat?
(03-14-2022, 05:53 PM)JHXC Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone, long time no see.

I have been on this site making music for over seven years (December 16th, 2014 is when I joined). You may have heard some of my music back in the day (particularly Zenithbound).

I have to say that if I had never discovered OS when I did, I have no idea where I would be. I’ve always wanted to be a musician as a kid, and OS had really cemented that dream. Especially around 2016, I really started to discover my love for music composition, and eventually production, as I played around with Soundation Studio and made my first sort of indie album.

Unfortunately, as some may remember, I sort of “quit” my passion for making music at the end of 2018, due to me having a rather dogged view on the music industry. Even after having made Zenithbound, I just sort of lost that spark. Since then, I’ve fully moved on to game development, YouTube, and Krunker.io to pass the time, and while I’d still occasionally make OS tunes, I have stuck to my guns with music. Even my activity on OS had slowed down considerably.

Then came 2021, where something weird happened; I started to REALLY love music again. I discovered albums like Pet Sounds, Abbey Road, The La's, White Pony, "Discovery," and other albums that reminded me how much I loved music. Then I discovered bandcamp, and the insane underground scene that I WISH I had seen before. Eventually, I began to get that “creative spark” again with music, and now I can safely say that I’m ready to get back into the swing of things.

I have recently bought FL Studio, as I’ve dreamed of doing for so long, and have been slowly but surely learning it. I also got a nice set of studio headphones and everything. I am serious about it. I’m getting back into music, at least as a side hobby. I still love game dev and YouTube, so I’m not giving those up, but I figured I'd start my music journey once again and see where it takes me.

Unfortunately, the bad news is that I am finally, I guess “officially” quitting Online Sequencer to focus on this (although I’ve pretty much quit a while back anyways). As insane as OS has become as of late (the thing literally has automation and BPM changes and EQs and sustained notes. Note stacking is no longer necessary at all, either), I am at the point where I have a full on DAW to play around with and learn on. I may come back to OS from time to time to do “EQ edits” of my best sequences to preserve them, and I may even come back in the future just to make something for all time's sake, idk. But I think I have to admit that my time on OS is practically over, and it’s time for me to move on to big boy music and game dev and other stuff.

I would like to say that I am extremely thankful to have been a part of this community. I don’t think I would have the sense of purpose I do now had I not stumbled across this place via Vsauce3. I am so glad I was able to grow up alongside it, and inspire myself and other people to get better at music, and to watch the site go from like eight instruments to well over 40 of them. Online Sequencer was the first place in my life I could truly share the best of myself without my autism tainting everyone’s view of me, and it showed me that I have genuine worth. I know it seems all cliche, and calling it cliche is cliche in and of itself, but I can’t put into words how much I loved this place. I will always cherish all the memories and music I’ve made on this site for changing my life for the better.

Now that I poured my soul out, time to sell it. If you guys want to follow me from now on, I have my YouTube and Twitter in my signature (first time I’ve updated it since 2014 lol). I also have my Bandcamp, where I’m going to release all my music (I also plan to release my music to all the major streaming sites via distrokid for convenience). I plan to release that self-produced Soundation album I made in 2018 on March 20th, 2022 (21st for some people), and I have a sort of premiere on youtube that’s going up on 8:30 PM EST on the 20th (You can go here to see it). After that, it’s gonna be available on Bandcamp and other music stores for you guys to listen to. So there’s all that.

Thanks alot for everything. I hope you all are doing great in life. Y’all are the best.

Umm, I don't know who you are, but I guess if everyone else is this excited for the return of you for whatever you did I should also be excited. Yay ok, welcome back.
Pages: 1 2