Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Instead of new instruments, what about more options for existing ones?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of songs i make use multiple instances of electric guitar, but OS only has one electric guitar. What if OS had the option of making multiple instances of the same instrument, but you could define one of them by a different color and thus it would be treated as a completely separate instrument?

For example, I have the standard electric guitar that's a light green, but i also want a separate electric guitar that has classic reverb turned on. I change the color of the 2nd electric guitar to yellow and now it's treated as a completely different instrument. that way i can turn on classic reverb on the yellow electric guitar while the green electric guitar remains unchanged.
They might actually add it in. Nice suggestion.
(03-22-2022, 06:18 AM)Jurmicc Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of songs i make use multiple instances of electric guitar, but OS only has one electric guitar. What if OS had the option of making multiple instances of the same instrument, but you could define one of them by a different color and thus it would be treated as a completely separate instrument?

For example, I have the standard electric guitar that's a light green, but i also want a separate electric guitar that has classic reverb turned on. I change the color of the 2nd electric guitar to yellow and now it's treated as a completely different instrument. that way i can turn on classic reverb on the yellow electric guitar while the green electric guitar remains unchanged.

IT MAKES SENCE!! Do you hate it when you try to make complex tracks and you cannot split the bass form the high or whatever... weird configuration your running? That would be a great add on. Plus, it would be cool if I can save a patch I made, name it and then use it whenever I want.
mmm that would be good
If you want guitar, you already got plenty of options...
Acoustic, Electric, Acoustic-Electric, 6-string, 7-string, 12-string, 2-neck, 4-neck, Banjo, Classical, Resonator, Keytar, Tenor, Lap... Even Bass, as it falls in the same family
And let's not forget all the string types... Steel, Nylon, Nickel, Polymer....
(disclaimer: bass and ukulele are not guitars, but they belong to the guitar family.)
(03-26-2022, 03:33 PM)GamemakerX1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2022, 06:18 AM)Jurmicc Wrote: [ -> ]A lot of songs i make use multiple instances of electric guitar, but OS only has one electric guitar. What if OS had the option of making multiple instances of the same instrument, but you could define one of them by a different color and thus it would be treated as a completely separate instrument?

IT MAKES SENCE!! Do you hate it when you try to make complex tracks and you cannot split the bass form the high or whatever... weird configuration your running? That would be a great add on. Plus, it would be cool if I can save a patch I made, name it and then use it whenever I want.

Well personally for me is that if there is only one layer it would be very hard. We should do a marker doing another layer for a song to make it a lot easier.
thats a very good idea
MICROTONES WOULD BE POSSIBLE
(03-27-2022, 01:13 PM)callbra001 Wrote: [ -> ]If you want guitar, you already got plenty of options...
Acoustic, Electric, Acoustic-Electric, 6-string, 7-string, 12-string, 2-neck, 4-neck, Banjo, Classical, Resonator, Keytar, Tenor, Lap... Even Bass, as it falls in the same family
And let's not forget all the string types... Steel, Nylon, Nickel, Polymer....
(disclaimer: bass and ukulele are not guitars, but they belong to the guitar family.)

But only one guitar has controlled sustain.

I would love to be able to have two guitars one left and one right and with different EQing. Or two synths, or two organs, or multiple strings.