Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Meaning Behind 虹の彼方に
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Before reading this, please listen to the song below, and read the lyrics. Otherwise this will make little sense.

https://www.bandlab.com/kandykanemusic/o...1ac512ad32

With that said, here is the meaning I intended.

虹の彼方に is about being found, to put it simply. The person depicted (which unironically represents me) has been recognized, and has for the first time in so long, she feels loved. She feels like a painful hole in her chest has been filled. But she's not yet complete, nor is she completely happy. She still feels great sorrow, great pain. But despite it, no matter how low she feels, she will go on, because she knows there's light at the end of the tunnel.

In essence, this is the life I currently lead. I had reached my lowest point a good year and a half ago, and I really did begin wishing HIV had just killed me. And along came this person bringing me back up, giving me love and affection when no one else would. He became my light in my life, my reason for living. Out of the kindness in his heart, he gave me a piece of it, made me complete, and asked for nothing in return. My sorrow is not gone, and it never will be, but I have him, and one day I'm sure, I will be able to live out my days with him. Until then, I will hold what he gave me close to my heart, and I will never forget it.

Holy hell looking at this I realize this is super sappy. Anyway, that's the intended meaning behind the song. Now you'll know why I almost cried multiple times singing it.
*dog applause noises*
レプラコーンゴールドポット