Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Custom instruments and more settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I have seen many suggestions related to adding custom sounds/instruments. But they would only be available to those who added them (I've seen similar responses)? No, I have figured out how to solve this problem. Each user could have their own list of instruments. There he could download a sample for the instrument, customize it, and set the color. To use someone else's instrument, he would have to add it to his list. At the same time, it would be marked there that the sound is someone else's. Also, I have another suggestion that would go perfectly with the previous one.

We all know what EQ is, specifically how it is implemented in OS. We could add another similar setting, Envelope. Just like EQ, there would be a big button responsible for whether such a setting is enabled. There will be four sliders - Attack, Decay, Sustain, and Release. It will look similar. This setting will apply to both standard and custom sounds.
I love this idea. It would be a great way satisfy everyone who wants more instruments, and it would open up lots of new possibilities.
bro just fx the crap out of an instrument, with eq and stuff you can do almost anything
I made a forum post about this awhile back, and it got quite a few different answers. Jacob didn't say anything but some of the mods placed in their opinions.

If you'd like to read them the forum post is here:
https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2605
sustainable fanfare
Custom instruments are a nope because web storage and copyright issues. Wouldn't want anyone uploading 500GB of copyright controlled samples here. If you'd seen the other forums about this then you probably would have noticed that every time, the response is: not going to happen. If you want software that you can add custom instruments in, some free DAWs I actually recommend include Ardour, Cakewalk, and Reaper. They are more complicated than OS though
The envelope sounds like a good idea though
(04-11-2022, 03:23 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]The envelope sounds like a good idea though

OK! We get it!

Admins: "People are uploading songs from very famous stars and stuff. We do not want to get lawsuits!"
Users: "We need more instruments"
Me: "It makes since"
Also Me: "We still need a lot of instruments"
Me, for like the third time now... :"But if we add more, then there would be more clutter."
Users:"More, More, MORE!!!"
Admins: "We are not going to do it and that is final"

Solution, Just rebuild OS form Scratch again. Smile