Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Is there any way to make notes last longer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new to this website, community, and music composition in general, so I don't know if I may be missing something. I'm currently trying to remake my favorite tracks from Battlestar Galactica, and don't know how to make the notes last longer (not lengthening the notes, but making the sound itself last longer, like the violin wasn't being strum for a moment, but for as long as the note goes on). Does anyone know how to fix that? LMK if I'm not being clear.
If you're curious, I'm trying to make Passacaglia from the show, which I think might be my favorite song ever.

Thanks so much!
You can't make the notes last longer in this app, it does work for some instruments but most of them don't have that feature
It may sound a bit funky, but you can place the same note right where the previous one ends, and it might give the illusion of it lasting longer, depending on the intrument.
i think only works for elec guitat flute and 8bit stuff. you can also put many notes one after another with smooth synth for ex. you can also use the detune feature all the way to make notes longer.
Sustain is something we all want, and can't get. It's heartbreaking, I know, but we'll force the mods to add it agai st their will together.
^ what all the others said. you can also use detune to modify the sustain of notes too
(04-13-2022, 08:11 AM)PuzzlePuddles Wrote: [ -> ]^ what all the others said. you can also use detune to modify the sustain of notes too
What do you mean by that?
per all the others who made the opinion. This only works on electric guitars, flutes, and 8-bit instruments. You can also make the detune to modify the sustain of notes. We've all want the mechanics to add the feature but they don't want to add it.
(04-13-2022, 08:11 AM)PuzzlePuddles Wrote: [ -> ]^ what all the others said. you can also use detune to modify the sustain of notes too

How do you make Detune modify the sustain of notes? It only seems to modify the pitch.
(04-16-2022, 09:48 AM)Khamcophony Wrote: [ -> ]

How do you make Detune modify the sustain of notes? It only seems to modify the pitch.

It changes the pitch of the samples by slowing down or speeding them up.  If you detune an octave, the length will double.