Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Improved collaboration (concept)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, no one thought about this one, but let me tell y'all in full detail.

Introduction:
I'm thinking of suggesting a collab feature. It'll let users do collabs easier than the old way of doing collabs.

What does it look like:
Let us tell you in full detail.

Main point: It's just like OS except it's a room.
Collab chat: For suggestions and ideas for songs.*
Users: Up to 15 users at a time can help with the song.
Full control of instruments: Every person can make their music design on any instrument. One can control the EQ, delay, reverb, distortion, panning, and volume, and they can control the color.
Every OS feature as well. Don't miss the OS blues.

*Must follow the rules of OS.

Edit: For those confused about what I'm suggesting, this suggestion is for a collab room feature on this website.
It has been stated previously by the devs that google docs like editing would not be achievable in OS. I'm not sure what ways your suggestions will be different from current OS collabing besides color coding, and collab chat would be a good idea, but it implies different people working on a song at the same time.
(05-21-2022, 08:22 AM)Cool172 Wrote: [ -> ]It has been stated previously by the devs that google docs like editing would not be achievable in OS. I'm not sure what ways your suggestions will be different from current OS collabing besides color coding, and collab chat would be a good idea, but it implies different people working on a song at the same time.
Comment on your first sentence: That's somewhat sad, but I understand what you're saying.
Comment on part one of your second sentence: I meant we can add instrument layers.
Comment on part two of your second sentence: Thanks.
Comment on part three of your second sentence: And yes of course that means that.
What kind of room?

VC or private chat?
(05-21-2022, 10:47 AM)trapbeat349 Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of room?

VC or private chat?
First question: collab room.
Second question: private (vc if you have discord).
I wish it was possible though. That would be cool
(05-21-2022, 11:31 AM)bet_der Wrote: [ -> ]I wish it was possible though. That would be cool

thanks for your ideas.
Not sure I fully understand what you are suggesting but could be a cool idea
(05-21-2022, 01:08 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure I fully understand what you are suggesting but could be a cool idea

thanks.
like i said in site chat:
i also voted no. altho it's a nice idea that collabs could be made more easily, i think it would technically be nigh-on impossible to implement (site resources, think about the loading times if 15 lots of even just 6 individual instrument settings had to be rendered and loaded)

additionally, i do think that the ability to co-author sequences would be achievable with the resources available, and nice to see;
e.g. created 03-26-2023 by Bewilderator and Benvisions
a dropdown menu could provide the number of authors intended for creation and then adding them would be a case of searching/pasting the member number to which they can accept or deny

some form of easier private exchange-and-viewing of updates on a sequence (such as making it "unlisted" like in YT, requiring the link or authorship to view)
this would allow for collaboration (it wouldn't update real time, but would allow for private changes, and maybe also the ability to list the changes made since the last edit?)
Pages: 1 2