Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: People stealing other's work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A few weeks ago, i was listening to my own sequences, but then i saw that i 'inspired' someone. It turned out he has been stealing sequences from many other people than only me.

I thought "Ok" and forgot that i 'inspired' him, but today, i started looking at that person's account, and he has stolen many more sequences from others!
I doubt that he is the only one, there are probably more people like him, stealing other's hard work. 
It is time consuming to even make one sequence. He's getting a lot more views than the original makers get, and he doesn't credit them. Has that been bothering you guys too? 
The guy who copies some of my works, makes the music worse than i do ngl, but he still gets more views. 

I think that stealing other's hard work isn't ok. And even if you steal someone's work, at least credit them.
Do you guys agree?

Another thing that i saw was that people 'steal' the 'stolen' work too. It's like a thief who steals from another thief xD
Same here. One of my songs, Practice is Key, got like 500 inspired sequences, all stolen.
Sounds like a Petro incident
I absolutely agree. 

I made this, as part of Lopyt's "ultra collab."  . Another user made this: , inspired by my sequence. All they added was one piano note.
I suppose they didn't think it was stealing though, because if you look in the comments they say "from the name, it's pretty much a joke, plus, it should be a bit obvious it's not mine because everything else I actually make is noobish."
polterghast's theme

outdated bootleg, exact same song
This always happens and it only becomes a problem when they change the name of the creator
You aren't making any money off these, and the least it will do it get people to listen to your own sequences. I don't really think its a problem. In fact, I'll go 'steal' some of your songs too
well lopyt's not wrong
(05-26-2022, 07:21 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]You aren't making any money off these, and the least it will do it get people to listen to your own sequences. I don't really think its a problem. In fact, I'll go 'steal' some of your songs too
Yeah, you're right. But still... they're taking your work and people think that it's theirs. I hope that those kind of people will make sequences on their own eventualy. Not by taking other sequences.
Pages: 1 2