Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Suggestion for OS Points
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since the OS Points you win from the monthly contests are twiddling their thumbs right now, let's give them something to do! 

I suggest that you could add an outline around the sequences of a certain person, one that has enough OS Points to prove they ain't some random person spamming notes (Of course, they could spam notes, but more likely than not it'd be enjoyable spamming of notes). If someone was, let's say 50 OS Points, their sequence would show up with a white outline. 

Another variation of this: There could initially be a completely black outline around the sequence, and the more OS Points the user has, the brighter it'd get, with a maximum of let's say 100. So if someone had 10 OS Points, the brightness would be 10% of pure, unadulterated, eye-destroying brightness. If someone did have 100 points, it'd be pure white. In case you haven't caught the gist of it yet. 
  (This color could also be manually edited by the user.)
I think thats a bad idea and promotes certain problems similar to political class systems
OS points lead to points on the grand leaderboard.
(06-02-2022, 07:32 PM)OSNickelz Wrote: [ -> ]Since the OS Points you win from the monthly contests are twiddling their thumbs right now, let's give them something to do! 

I suggest that you could add an outline around the sequences of a certain person, one that has enough OS Points to prove they ain't some random person spamming notes (Of course, they could spam notes, but more likely than not it'd be enjoyable spamming of notes). If someone was, let's say 50 OS Points, their sequence would show up with a white outline. 

Another variation of this: There could initially be a completely black outline around the sequence, and the more OS Points the user has, the brighter it'd get, with a maximum of let's say 100. So if someone had 10 OS Points, the brightness would be 10% of pure, unadulterated, eye-destroying brightness. If someone did have 100 points, it'd be pure white. In case you haven't caught the gist of it yet. 

damn thats interesting
(06-02-2022, 07:32 PM)OSNickelz Wrote: [ -> ]Another variation of this: There could initially be a completely black outline around the sequence, and the more OS Points the user has, the brighter it'd get, with a maximum of let's say 100. So if someone had 10 OS Points, the brightness would be 10% of pure, unadulterated, eye-destroying brightness. If someone did have 100 points, it'd be pure white. In case you haven't caught the gist of it yet. 

I don't like this idea. OS is not a video game. There are no scores nor rankings. It's a community of music. It should stay that way.
Any operating system is constantly being upgraded. But maybe they don't change?
os stands for online sequencer not operating system you bot
(06-02-2022, 07:33 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]I think thats a bad idea and promotes certain problems similar to political class systems

agreed here.
winning contests already gives you "contest winner" status and a fancy yellow name and trophy. i think that is the right amount of sequencer elitism we dont need more

i always thought maybe os store credit if u get 1st place or something cause that's just a cool incentive and not an os social pyramid
I would say no. I don't want to feel like I have to spend hours grinding for os points.
Pages: 1 2