Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: The flute is worth it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wish longer notes on the flute, plus another similar flute, or why not a trumpet with long notes.

I can compose many different songs but the short notes is a big limit. I wish you could find a way to glue the short notes together.

I am Mystic Smile

It should be longer flute notes at the end of this song (example), without any interruption. Time to add some glue ^^

(06-03-2022, 07:35 AM)MysticSwe Wrote: [ -> ]I wish longer notes on the flute, plus another similar flute, or why not a trumpet with long notes.

I can compose many different songs but the short notes is a big limit. I wish you could find a way to glue the short notes together.

I am Mystic Smile

It should be longer flute notes at the end of this song (example), without any interruption. Time to add some glue ^^

flute is cool. psuedo sustaining is decently easy though so the short notes arent really a problem
(06-03-2022, 07:36 AM)Antimatter Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2022, 07:35 AM)MysticSwe Wrote: [ -> ]I wish longer notes on the flute, plus another similar flute, or why not a trumpet with long notes.

I am Mystic Smile

flute is cool. psuedo sustaining is decently easy though so the short notes arent really a problem

The flute notes is OK most of the time but... psuedo sustaining? Huh

I want the flute notes to be as long as the triangle notes at the end of the song. How?
Tell the flutist to blow more, easy
(06-03-2022, 10:04 AM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Tell the flutist to blow more, easy

It doesn't work like that, genius.
A new sequence that is unfinished as an example. The length of the current flute notes is ok for the most part but sometimes I wish it was a little longer,
without interruption. Same as 8-bit notes. Therefore, I suggest: Try to make an 8-bit flute that sounds almost like the current flute.

Two different flutes would provide a good addition.

Actually... I want 3 different flutes Wink 
This is because I often use the flute both for the melody and for choir.
Therefore, it is difficult to update a sequence if the notes are mixed together.
The sequence in the previous post shows a bit of what I mean. I can even show a picture of what I mean later.
Different flutes, or two of the same flute, may cause problems when you import a midi to a DAW like FL -Studio.
Yes, I know it can be a problem. Anyway I just want to tell how I am thinking. I hope some of it can be possible.

My flute wish list

Flute 1 - Default flute

Flute 2 - Default flute, other color for the choir, perhaps slightly longer notes

Flute 3 - 8-bit flute, even longer notes but not extremely long because we must breathe?
Detune is one solution but it's not really same as the normal flute and I guess it wasn't meant to extend notes? Still a good effect.

Example:

I am Mystic Smile

I personally like to use the "Ripple" effect to extend the duration of sustain. it's worked pretty well for me in my own opinion
(06-10-2022, 05:36 PM)Jurmicc Wrote: [ -> ]I personally like to use the "Ripple" effect to extend the duration of sustain. it's worked pretty well for me in my own opinion

Oh? I didn't know. I'll try it, thank you!
Pages: 1 2