Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: how do i mute the guitar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to make smells like teen spirit and there's a part where he mutes the strings while he's strumming but i can't find a way to replicate the sound. plz help
like turning off the volume? i wouldn't know since i don't really remember how that song goes
You can make tiny little 64th or 128th notes and rake them in a little cascade. It makes a bl-l-lip sound. Check out a sequence on my page called Scene Stealer. It's the very first sound in the riff at the very start of the sequence and repeats all the way through.
you can use markers to change the high eq of the guitar, put a marker suddenly loweringthe high eq for a muting effect
just mute it lol
Aren't you new to online sequencer? Read the Online sequencer guides right there at the top! https://sites.google.com/view/lucentguide/home
(06-18-2022, 05:21 AM)THE.MEME.MACHINE Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to make smells like teen spirit and there's a part where he mutes the strings while he's strumming but i can't find a way to replicate the sound. plz help

Ok so everybody, this poster isn't talking about muting the volume, they're talking like a trombone mute where the sounds are short and sharp.

as to the actual OP request, sometimes shortening the length of the notes works, but also mixing different types of guitars. There's even a muted e-guitar sound font that should suit your needs
I believe what they want a palm muted sound, which isn't really possible with the OS guitar currwntly and is difficult to do even in high quality plugins. I however, have a guitar and can record a guitar sample pack for OS, with CC0 public domain, so everyone can use guitars that actually souns like guitars. Just vote in my forum I made about that if you want to see it happen!
It takes a lot of practice to adjust the sound of the guitar. Besides, good sound helps us to recognize how to play the guitar. Listening to melodies from the guitar is so soothing and relaxing heardle game
(07-05-2022, 06:02 PM)yellowdorrdle Wrote: [ -> ]It takes a lot of practice to adjust the sound of the guitar. Besides, good sound helps us to recognize how to play the guitar. Listening to melodies from the guitar is so soothing and relaxing heardle game

Are you a robot