Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: I found out the actual reasons why Safari isn't good on OS.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found out a reason why Safari isn't suitable for OS.

The reason is the engine.

I wish all the browsers have Chromium but Apple decided to use its engine, WebKit, which isn't suitable for OS. Firefox has the same problem, except it's just MIDI export problems.

This is the same problem for all iOS browsers because Apple doesn't want developers to bypass restrictions on engines.

This is why those problems exist in OS.

This was also originally the problem on Microsoft Edge, but when they moved Chromium it's way better (this is the browser I use. pretty good, huh?)

These browsers are Chromium, therefore working best on OS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_(...n_Chromium
Thanks for finding this out for us, Ben!
I wouldn't want every browser to use the same engine, especially if google owned that engine
Firefox also has slow MP3 export so I started using Google Chrome. I still create and edit sequences
in Firefox but I did not know about any MIDI export problems. Thanks for the information.
(08-20-2022, 01:34 AM)MysticSwe Wrote: [ -> ]Firefox also has slow MP3 export so I started using Google Chrome. I still create and edit sequences
in Firefox but I did not know about any MIDI export problems. Thanks for the information.

Also, recently firefoy crashes after recording is finished. Probably an OS problem tho (and i actually never had problems exporting MIDIS in firefox)
(08-20-2022, 01:38 AM)Sync Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2022, 01:34 AM)MysticSwe Wrote: [ -> ]Firefox also has slow MP3 export so I started using Google Chrome. I still create and edit sequences

Also, recently firefoy crashes after recording is finished. Probably an OS problem tho (and i actually never had problems exporting MIDIS in firefox)

Yeah, MIDI-related features are a problem in Firefox.
(08-19-2022, 09:57 PM)Maketa Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for finding this out for us, Ben!

No problem, Maketa.

(08-19-2022, 10:15 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't want every browser to use the same engine, especially if google owned that engine
Even though I agree, I still think browsers that are made with Chromium are the best.
Yes, MIDI export issues exist in Firefox, when I researched. The slow export features are a bummer on that browser. Anyways, besides saying that, no problem.
Okay, I have an update related to the iOS reasons.

OS is not good on all browsers on iOS because of the engine (Webkit), which Apple enforces it on all browsers due to security and privacy reasons.
Alternative to chrome if you dislike google is Brave browser
Pages: 1 2