Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Better Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do make your music sound better?
practice
mixing, learning how to build better melodies, practice, etc.
(08-28-2022, 04:24 PM)SnakeyWaters Wrote: [ -> ]practice

Practice, you mean practice making music? When I hear the word practice, I would be trying to play music. But Composing... it is a different animal here.
Hard question. Well, over my two years, I practiced making music. I improved a lot (thank you mods for pointing this out) over the past two years.

So my suggestion: Pratice.
(08-28-2022, 04:29 PM)Benvisions Wrote: [ -> ]Hard question. Well, over my two years, I practiced making music. I improved a lot (thank you mods for pointing this out) over the past two years.

I been here since 2017. I been doing music for years... As a hobby. I just thought that we would have a disscusion about tips to make better music.
Well if you want your notes to sound better, you can try combining instruments and effects. Reverb can also be very useful too
(08-28-2022, 04:31 PM)GamemakerX1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2022, 04:29 PM)Benvisions Wrote: [ -> ]Hard question. Well, over my two years, I practiced making music. I improved a lot (thank you mods for pointing this out) over the past two years.

I been here since 2017. I been doing music for years... As a hobby. I just thought that we would have a disscusion about tips to make better music.

What I typically will do when I need to practice is plan on making a couple of songs, 2-4, focusing on one specific thing. I did this with drums because I could feel like it was drifting farther and farther off point, and I'm now doing it with electronic instruments to get myself to learn that you need a good sound to make good music.

I get that you've been doing this for a long time, but it's not something that comes naturally. Some things will "click", but only after you've done it enough times so that it makes sense. I mean, I've been doing this for about 6 months now and it's what's brought me from 
to  without knowing a single thing about music theory or even **coughs** learning how to play the piano.