Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Marker Grid and Loop Feature?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So when I am making dubstep sequences and other stuff, I like to make effects but sometimes. Because the markers can only move 1 grid space, I cannot do some of these effects without completely maxing out the bpm and therefore messing up the whole sequence. 

Marker Grid
So I thought since you can change the note grid, why not do the same for markers? Obviously this will have an entire different look upon it as for notes, you can see 1/16th notes but for markers being a < shape at the top of your screen   it may cause issues. Such as the markers being too small to see and or select. So to solve issues like that, for grid layers below 1/8, I was thinking of a tiny menu that pops up of which you can move around that shows the tiny markers so you can see and select them through it, but also manage to change the effects within them.

Start Loop and Stop Loop features
Start Loop and Stop Loop features would be pretty cool too. The start loop feature would mean that a certain marker will loop for example every 5 seconds until another marker is placed with a Stop Loop choice. The Start Loop feature would show 2 boxes, showing how often the loop can occur (duration between loops) and loop delay between 0-5 seconds. The Stop Loop feature will show a dropbox showing all previous loops including the measures of which they start and end at including the instruments they affect IF there are multiple loops in the sequence. If there aren't any loops other than one (of which you are stopping) then it will automatically select that loop. When the blue line that goes across the screen and plays all of the notes crosses that grid space, that loop will stop until activated again. Similar to Spawn and Stop Triggers in GD. 

Personally I think having at least the marker grid thingy would change OS and overall would make the ability to do certain wanted effects much easier then needing to make it all messy. Cuz idk about you but I am not sure I wanna be changing the BPM to 999 every 4 seconds only to have a chance of completely messing up the note placement throughout the entire sequence, and I am pretty sure yall can agree with me on that. But just to give everyone some time, lets at least wait until all of the sustained instruments are released :D
Good ideas! I support this.