Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Add more octaves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The current 6 octave range is extremely limiting
and some midi wont be able to load because it has more notes than 72 keys
also, I'm not talking about having like 128 keys, im just asking to maybe extend the range by 2 octaves? thanks
Detune
(10-09-2022, 09:26 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Detune

Detune is sometimes not the solution when we are talking about MIDI files.
Then don't use MIDI.
(10-09-2022, 09:24 PM)Est_ain2 Wrote: [ -> ]The current 6 octave range is extremely limiting
and some midi wont be able to load because it has more notes than 72 keys
also, I'm not talking about having like 128 keys, im just asking to maybe extend the range by 2 octaves? thanks

simple solution is not using midi and making your own music

mindblowing really
(10-10-2022, 02:38 AM)Benvisions Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-09-2022, 09:26 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Detune

Detune is sometimes not the solution when we are talking about MIDI files.

You can select a sloghtly different instrument for those parts and detune it
Ok I know detune exists but like, I mean if you have an instrument that need to go above and below the octave range
i know that this is probably outdated but i am having the same problem. I am trying to make a piano piece that i will be converting into a piano playback software via midi. Im trying to make it a piano tutorial and the detune making it look like the wrong key is being played. please add at least an extra octave to the top of the piano.
I know an easy fix to this, just clone the instrument and detune it up or down to whatever you want
well... sometimes we also want our own sequence to be exported to midi so that we could work with across different applications other than OS. detune can also sometimes be tiring / a lotta work to do when we wanna reach higher octaves for the same instrument. like i mean i know i could just clone it and detune it but having it all mashed up into one board can be quite of a challenge to read... especially when you're mostly playing at the high notes. so an extended board would be great