Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Shortcut Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Online Sequencer Staff!

I was looking at the list of Shortcuts you had in your guide, and although they are great, there are some Features that don't have Shortcuts, which I think would make the site a lot better to navigate when we're Editing and/or Creating Sequences. As a Sequencing Site, it makes sense to have a lot of shortcuts to better streamline the creation and editing of Sequences, further increasing efficiency and comfortability within the site.

Below are a list of Shortcuts I believe would streamline Sequencing Navigation:
  • SHIFT+1: Toggles the Grid Drop-down Menu (+Scroll: Cycles between Grid Values)
  • SHIFT+2: Toggles the Time Signature Drop-down Menu (+Scroll: Cycles between Time Signatures)
  • SHIFT+3: Toggles the Key Drop-down Menu (+Scroll: Cycles between Key Guides)
  • SHIFT+4: Toggles Auto-Scroll Options (Smooth, Fast, Off)
  • CTRL+M: Toggles Metronome On/Off
  • CTRL+F: Toggles Full-Screen On/Off
  • CTRL+A: Toggles the Instrument Selection Menu (+Scroll: Cycles between Instruments)
  • CTRL+ALT+H: Toggles Show help Menu On/Off
  • CTRL+SHIFT+[Left Mouse Click]: Selects All Notes of that Instrument (Select Mode Only)
  • CTRL+SHIFT+[Double Left Mouse Click]: Selects All Notes in the Sequence (Select Mode Only)

Notes:
  • The Suggestions made in this Thread are meant to give you options to navigate certain properties of the site. These Suggestions are in no way meant to change or remove existing properties of the site, or to insult, misappropriate, mock or feign antagonistic behavior towards the Site or Staff.
  • I understand there are already Shortcuts for the Grid Values. I am just employing a Simple Solution to a potentially increasing Problem (One Input per Value? Why not just scroll through the options?)
  • Some Shortcuts are not Listed in the 'Show Help' Menu. It would be nice to see all available shortcuts listed in the menu (yes, I'm also talking about CTRL+S, which saves your work to the Site, even though it's very obvious what it does)

Hope to see your Response Soon!

-Dutch
I do think we need a hotkey for selecting notes of an instrument
(10-13-2022, 04:58 PM)Burgzillaye Wrote: [ -> ]I do think we need a hotkey for selecting notes of an instrument

I think that's Called TAB, which Toggles between Selection and Drawing Mode