Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Major note issues with Strings (sustain)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(this is fixed, see later messages to see panning and volume issues) The Strings (sustain) instrument, which SOUNDS amazing might I add, to my knowledge is filled with wrong notes! I tried upgrading one of my older songs to the strings but instead opted for just going with an overlapped violin (which is perfect) and Cello (which is also great) overapped because using the strings half the notes were incorrect! I hope this gets noted and fixed soon! Good luck!
(10-24-2022, 10:16 AM)DotNet Studio Wrote: [ -> ]The Strings (sustain) instrument, which SOUNDS amazing might I add, to my knowledge is filled with wrong notes! I tried upgrading one of my older songs to the strings but instead opted for just going with an overlapped violin (which is perfect) and Cello (which is also great) overapped because using the strings half the notes were incorrect! I hope this gets noted and fixed soon! Good luck!

You know I made a post about this early. Trust me, I feel your pian. I am going through it too.
They've fixed the error fast but Smile

Strings sustain notes are OK according to this test

However, the volume is very low on low notes compared to the high notes.
(10-27-2022, 10:13 PM)MysticSwe Wrote: [ -> ]They've fixed the error fast but Smile

I have noticed and even made some tests already myself! Also notes seem to have a random panning? Like in the lower notes some notes feel fully panned to the right for some reason, glad to hear they're fixed tho! They sound amazing
(10-27-2022, 10:31 PM)DotNet Studio Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2022, 10:13 PM)MysticSwe Wrote: [ -> ]They've fixed the error fast but Smile

I have noticed and even made some tests already myself! Also notes seem to have a random panning? Like in the lower notes some notes feel fully panned to the right for some reason, glad to hear they're fixed tho! They sound amazing

I haven't noticed the panning problem since I wasn't using headphones. Some notes sounded louder than other notes next to them.
Should I use strings sustain in sequences like the one below? What could go wrong if I choose the best notes with cool effects?

Test-489_V4_3044360
(10-28-2022, 09:45 AM)MysticSwe Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2022, 10:31 PM)DotNet Studio Wrote: [ -> ]

I haven't noticed the panning problem since I wasn't using headphones. Some notes sounded louder than other notes next to them.
Should I use strings sustain in sequences like the one below? What could go wrong if I choose the best notes with cool effects?

Test-489_V4_3044360

Ofcourse you could use it here, and I think the volume issue you're exeriencing might be due to the panning issue, but that's just a theroy, a muuusic theory, so I have no clue if it's true ot not
I noticed the panning issue last night on another sequence when I was using headphones.
It has nothing to do with the too high and too low volumes. So I avoid very high and low notes for now.

Strings sustain, a nearly perfect complement to cello sustain and violin sustain.
However, the panning issue is sometimes frustrating.
Thanks glad you liked the string sound, apologies for the issues, are there specific notes that are too far panned? How I did the sound was through a synthesizer, each note is actually 16 saw waves playing at slightly random pitches and panning. I also applied a low cut and high cut because the lower notes were originally WAY too loud and the high frequencies of the saw were very noisy. Then through an eq and a small reverb to make it sound more like a real violin.

The original purpose behind them was to be a soft violin section I could use on linux because no other plugons seem to work on that operating system
(10-29-2022, 06:53 PM)Lopyt Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks glad you liked the string sound, apologies for the issues, are there specific notes that are too far panned? How I did the sound was through a synthesizer, each note is actually 16 saw waves playing at slightly random pitches and panning. I also applied a low cut  and high cut because the lower notes were originally WAY too loud and the high frequencies of the saw were very noisy. Then through an eq and a small reverb to make it sound more like a real violin.

The original purpose behind them was to be a soft violin section I could use on linux because no other plugons seem to work on that operating system

It seems rather at random, one example that really pops out to me is the diffirence between A#3 and B3. Also these sounds are synth?! Really impressive! I just noticed how amazing the low notes on the string (sustain) sound btw, really amazing!
I can send you the SurgeXT preset for all the sounds I made with the synth if you want, SurgeXT is free by the way
Pages: 1 2