Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 2022 November Monthly Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[Image: attachment.php?aid=215] Hello Online Sequencer! It's time to announce the 2022 November Monthly Contest!

This month's theme is special, as it's the 2021 Monthly Contest Winner's Choice! Dust off your stacking and pseudo-sustaining techniques, as this month's theme is to make a sequence using only the features available in 2015 Online Sequencer!

For those who do not know, a description of the features available on Online Sequencer in 2015 are listed below.

2015 Features

Online Sequencer had 13 different instruments you could use in 2015, and these are the ONLY instruments that entries are allowed to use.
  • Electric Piano (Classic)
  • Grand Piano (Classic)
  • Acoustic Guitar
  • Drum Kit
  • Smooth Synth
  • Electric Guitar
  • Bass (Classic)
  • Synth Pluck
  • Scifi
  • French Horn
  • Trombone
  • Violin 
  • Cello
Additionally, Online Sequencer had NONE of the features that can be found in the "Advanced" instrument menu, and no entries are allowed to use these features, which includes the following:
  • Individual instrument volume sliders
  • Delay
  • Panning
  • Detune
  • Anything in the "Reverb" dropdown menu
  • Anything in the "Limit" dropdown menu
  • Any of the "Equalizer" settings
Furthermore, the use of velocity and markers is also prohibited.

Finally, while I can't make any restrictions regarding it due to the fact that console commands worked at the time, the only grid settings that OS had available in 2015 were "1/2", "1/4", "1/8", and "1/16". If you want to use notes of lengths other than that, I can only implore you to use what the method would have been at the time. Due to the lack of a way to enforce this, however, no entries will be disqualified based solely on note lengths.

If anything comes to my attention that warrants a change in these restrictions, I will make an update regarding it.

General Information

The entry period is from 11/1 ~ 11/21 (11:59 PM EST). Winners will be announced on 11/30/2022!

While we will post general notes on every contest, please refer to the Monthly Contest announcement thread for more details on Monthly Contests themselves.
  • Entry limit of 2 sequences per person.
  • Committee members are allowed to enter the contests, but will not enter their example sequence nor will they vote for their own entry.
  • Sequences made prior to the current Monthly Contest are allowed, although entering the same sequence in different Monthly Contests is not. If you are unsure about whether or not you have entered a sequence in a previous monthly contest, a list of all the sequences that have been entered into previous monthly contests can be found here.
  • Making a remix of an existing song is allowed.
  • Editing an entry during the voting period (the 22nd through the end of the respective month EST) is strictly prohibited and will result in that entry being disqualified.
  • Collaborations on entries are allowed, but any points that the piece might receive are divided up equally between the contributors.
  • The standard Online Sequencer Rules will apply and any entries violating a rule will automatically be disqualified.
I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Good luck to you all!

woah !!
do you mean Bass(Classic)
I love this theme, It will be way different from what I usually do, and a throwback to what features were available a bit before I joined
<-- pseudo sustain hell
(11-01-2022, 01:21 PM)Online Sequencer Wrote: [ -> ]Online Sequencer had 13 different instruments you could use in 2015, and these are the ONLY instruments that entries are allowed to use.
  • Bass

The old Bass instrument is now called Bass (Classic) just a reminder, we did not have sustained bass in 2015 (unfortunately)
I GOT THIS DOWN IN THE BAG
Man, no 2013 drums, no detuning, no EQ, i'm screwed lol

Still going to try though, this is a fun contest idea and I'm about to get demolished better than the dinosnores did after Chicxulub (sorry steggy).
bash finished
(11-01-2022, 01:28 PM)Crumthecrumb Wrote: [ -> ]do you mean Bass(Classic)

Since when was there a bass not classic.

Also yes.

Putting this here now, hope it will succeed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7