Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Secret Instrument Combonations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone have a list of instruments you can make by combining different notes together from other instruments? For example, can you make Banjos, Tubas, Harmonicas, etc?

Someone probably needs to make a playlist with all of them
You can make a banjo but that's all I know about, however, Guns has found ways to make a guitar out of a piano and Cool172 has found a way to make a guitar out of a freaking music box, that's all I know.

I'll probably be able to make some, but here's the banjo

You can make fart sounds with zest on 808 bass chords
you can make a really cool electric piano sound with detuned up new bass and layering with saxophone detune -2400
is there a way to make an accordion?
the fact that combinations is spelt wrong is going to make me throw my computer out the window
Music box detuned down 1200 with styx : distortion guitar
Octave stacked sine with half reverb and vibrato: organ
Sine stacked in the first 6 harmonics of a square wave, with lucid: brass
Octave stacked sine with tremor: oboe
5th stacked saxophone with styx and detune +1200: different kind of synth bass
Classic elec piano with half large reverb and high eq all the way down: cool thing idk
Layered vibraphone and music box (vibraphone octave higher) use markers to make music box start and full volume and fade to 0 volume 2 grid spaces later, then 2 grid spaces after that it will fade back, do the opposite with vibraphone, making it start at 0 volume, fade to full volume, and back to 0, put half ripple on vibe and half reverb on music box: really cool sounding pad good for high notes
harpsichord detuned -1200: chiller sounding pleasant harpsichord

if i think of more i will add them
"Sine stacked in the first 6 harmonics of a square wave" What does that mean?
(11-11-2022, 06:04 AM)DynamicsBeats Wrote: [ -> ]"Sine stacked in the first 6 harmonics of a square wave" What does that mean?

I think he's talking about the first 6 notes of the harmonic scale? idk
before any of the sustained strings were added I would always use this combo for a vaguely orchestra-like sound:

Scifi w/ nova reverb and instrument volume about half of the default
ragtime piano w/ miasma reverb and volume just a smidge above the default

scifi: play and repeat the chord you want on some time interval that sounds good to you (e.g. every half note)
rag piano: play the notes of that chord one at a time (arpeggiate it) twice as fast (e.g. every quarter note)

you can also throw in some large reverb pizzicato if you want but it's not necessary.

here's a sequence where it's used: 
Pages: 1 2